Monday, November 06, 2006

Put your dukes up

Well I had my meeting today with Mr Ye and I went in with guns blazing. I listed all the valid reasons why we hated these Wednesday afternoon show lessons and gave suggestions as to what else we could do instead that would be more beneficial and less time consuming. The problem is that Mr Ye isn’t the decision maker. He has to go to two principals and let them know what we think and then those two principals have a meeting and they get back to him and then he’ll get back to me. I don’t know how promising the situation is but if he comes back to me and tells me that the principal agrees with whatever but still insists that we continue with the show lessons, I will make it very clear, that speaking only for myself and not for the other teachers, but I will not be attending these show lessons.
Anyway, once I was done that meeting everyone was very excited to know how it went. I gave them the scoop and now everyone is waiting to see what happens. Next up on the docket, Matty stix batting for Team Foreign Teachers. Matty stix is gonna have the same meeting with Mr Ye, basically explaining the same things but mostly to let Mr Ye and the principal know that we’re not joking. We want to be taken seriously and we want this to stop. I think with Matty stix having the same meeting with Mr Ye it will really push them to do what’s right by us. If Nick were still here, he would have put them in their place a long time ago and we wouldn’t have had to deal with this whole mess to begin with. The advantage that Nick has is that he speaks fluent Chinese and isn’t the kind of person to put up with bullshit. These are 2 major assets to have in China. Anyway, I was told that my kindergarten class from last week never happened so now I have to make up the day. This week I’ll be working three kindergarten classes instead of two. Other than that things are pretty much as cool as can be. This morning we had our first breakfast morning and it went well. I was all over the place insane for about 20 mins but for the most part it went smoothly. Colin thanked me about a million times and continued to do so even after we got to school. Colin is my favourite 12 year old and always seems to maintain that attitude. I love it. Anyway, I have to get going. I haven’t eaten since noon and it’s 7pm. I’m famished and it’s been a long day.


TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home