Monday, October 23, 2006

This is why I don't take naps in my own bed

Ok, so Friday night came around and I was very much looking forward to having a good time. Well, I didn’t have a good time, I had a GREAT TIME. I met Gary at CC. We had a beer and then we headed over to BS. BS was bumping. The music was great. Even the boys were there and I was really happy to see them and I was also very excited for Gary to meet everyone. Anyway, Friday night I was the dancing machine. I can’t remember the last time the place was so packed, the music was so good and I felt so amazing. It was really an awesome time. Then the boys left to go somewhere else. I hung out for a while longer and then I headed home. I came home to find Klaver in my room (since I’ve recently given him a copy of my key) and then we had a little after party in my room. After some time, the night of frivolity had to come to an end and I went to bed.
Saturday, I didn’t do much. I had a bit of a hangover so for the most part I just stayed in. I got Klaver to make a Mc D’s run and that kept me good for the day. I don’t think I got the best night sleep on Friday because I was pretty tired all day long on Saturday. In the late evening I decided to just take a short nap. Now, I’m not a huge fan of the nap and sleeping in the day is one of the biggest turn offs for me. Every once in a while I will indulge but if I do take a nap I try to do it in someone else’s bed. It’s a psychological thing for me. If I’m in someone else’s bed, then I’m aware of that and I never go into a deep sleep. Well this time I napped in my own bed and was supposed to wake up around 11pm to meet everyone at Vox and party another night away. Well I lay down and the next thing I know is everyone walking into my room at 4am, after they had already been to Vox. They all told me that they really liked it and we had to go again. They were all wondering where I was and they really liked the music. That’s the second time I’ve missed Vox on a Saturday. I can’t let it happen again. Anyway, we had another little after party in my room and Klaver took care of the music and was DJ for the night. Maya, Matt, Klaver and I were up till 6:30am, just listening to music having a few drinks and having a great time.
After sleeping most of my day away on Sunday, I made it to Giano’s and helped Jane make some decorations for her Halloween party on Friday. Cool thing was I got a free dinner out of it which I wasn’t expecting and she gave me money for a cab back home. She is so nice. So I’m going to head over there today again and Lillis is going to come with and we’re gonna finish up making some more decorations. If Lillis helps me finish today then I won’t have to come back on Thursday and then the party is on Friday. So I’ll go to that and I’m going to say, maybe I’ll be at Vox on Saturday.
Just to let you know, “maybe” is a word that is frequently used by Chinese people. The way they use it is not the way we know it. Maybe could be “yes” or maybe could be “no”. Or Sometimes, they would say things like “maybe tomorrow, we definitely have no school” It gets confusing. Anyway, as foreigners, we make fun of the “maybe” and in some cases even use it incorrectly on purpose. Basically, the “maybe” is your ‘get out of jail free card’. If anything doesn’t go as planned, you could always say “well I said ‘maybe’”. So, in closing, maybe I’ll be at Vox, this Saturday.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home