Sunday, November 05, 2006

A couple of good nights

Friday night was really nice. Lillis, Eileen, Matty stix and myself had a movie night. We all piled into my room and on my bed and watched a whole mess of movies. We had munchies and beer and good times laughing at every possible joke in each movie. In the wee hours of the morning we called it a night but it was probably one of the best times any of us had had in a long time. It felt good to just stay in and cuddle up with your friends and watch TV. It was like a slumber party, except we didn’t all sleep together. Saturday morning I woke up and had a long day ahead of me. I had a small breakfast and then I got to work. I pulled everything out of my room, and I mean everything, including my bed. Just about everything was covered in mold. My bed was covered in mold. My cupboard was covered in mold. My bedside table was covered in mold. Anyway, I took the vacuum cleaner to everything. Once the room was cleared, I threw some baking soda on the carpet, let it sink in and then vacuumed the hell out of that. I even vacuumed my curtains. When that was done, I made sure everything was cleaned and then I brought it all back in. This also provided me with the opportunity to rearrange my room and it’s now in a configuration that makes it look bigger. My next task was the kitchen and I bleached everything to high heaven. Basically, I spent 6 hours doing all this work and it was well worth it. I went to the store and bought some new sheets and pillows, cause God knows, the old ones were covered in mold too and now I feel so much better in my room. It’s bigger, cleaner and nicer. After this long day of cleaning I just wanted to relax but then I had some unexpected guests. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Matty stix and Eileen came in and took extreme enjoyment in my “new” room. So much so that Matt couldn’t leave my bed made and had to use my sheets as a cocoon. That’s a long story. If you knew Matty stix, you would know why he would do something like that. Anyway, we had a good time just hanging out, doing ridiculous dance moves, taking pictures of this nonsense and making up stories that made no sense. Believe it or not, this was a very good night too. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long before I had to go to bed.
Today wasn’t half bad either. I decided to make a good breakfast and invited Klaver to join me. On Friday, I made a trip out to Metro after school and purchased some eggs and bacon. We had decided that every other Monday or so, we should have a nice breakfast with our coffee. I swear this coffee thing has a life of it’s own. It started off us just Matty stix and I, then Colin was added and then Klaver. Anyway, we decided that it would be nice to have eggs and bacon and toast with our coffee every other Monday or so. Today Klaver and I had a good breakfast and it was the first time that either of us had had a western style breakfast since being in China. This wasn’t so profound for Klaver since he hasn’t been here that long, but for me, it was quite odd.
Anyway, after breakfast, I started the second shift and made lunch for Matty stix. And yes, if you are wondering, I do spoil the boys quite a bit but it’s only because I love them. Anyway, we made plans to go to a karaoke bar for fun. Sometime this afternoon, Eileen, Matty stix and I went to a local karaoke bar. I’ve been to better ones, but this one was ok. The music sucked big time but we made the best of it and had a good time. After that we went to the buffet for dinner and just got home about an hour ago. Tomorrow we have breakfast, I have a long day at school including kindergarten and I sent Mr Ye an email letting him know that we needed to talk. I’m pretty much going to be laying down the law and letting him know that these Wednesday meetings/show lessons need to stop and list all the reasons why and also let him know that the conditions we (especially me) live in suck huge donkey balls and also let him know that I haven’t heard anything about my reimbursement. It’s been over a week and that bitch hasn’t gotten back to me. If these people think they’re gonna get away with not doing right by me, they got another thing coming. I am not the bitch to be messed with. Especially when it comes to my money.
That’s the scoop so far
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home