Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy many things

Happy sports day. Thursday was sports day and that wasn’t too bad. We spent most of the time cheering on the teams and timing the events. Everyone was pretty exhausted at the end of the day because we had spent it all standing in the sun. The good news was that we had no classes. Friday was the second half of sports day but we were told that we would have a half-day of school. We got there in the morning and didn’t do very much nor were we assigned to do anything. Then Lisa and I figured we had had enough of that and decided to go out to Jiefang Lu and do some shopping. We got back to school just in time to leave for the day. It felt so good to have the half-day to come home and just relax. Anyway, I didn’t do much in the afternoon, then later we got ready for Jane’s Halloween party at Giano’s. I went as Medusa. Well not really, I put on a black top with a long black skirt, my boots and I made a few snakes out of bristol board to attach to my hair. Not the best in the world but pretty good considering my limited resources. That was a pretty good night. There weren’t a lot of people there but the music was good and I had fun with everyone. Costumes were at a minimum and hard to detect but I think everyone tried their best. In any event, we didn’t stay there very long and headed home by 1am.
Saturday. Happy Anniversary to me.
This past Saturday marked my 12th month in China. Pretty significant accomplishment if I say so myself. It’s the longest and furthest I have ever been away from home. It’s not too bad. At least, it’s a lot less worse than I thought it would be. Anyway, by evening time I felt a little tired and decided to take a nap. This time, learning from my mistakes of the past, I set my alarm. When it went off I was kinda pissed but I got myself together and looked great for my evening out at Vox and the celebration of my anniversary. We headed out to Vox and the music was great. I didn’t hear my song but then again I didn’t request it but I figured it was good for a change. That Saturday wasn’t just another day, it was a special day. Anyway, Vox had it’s own Halloween night and costumes were a bit better. Actually I met a guy there that remembered me from Giano’s and I also met some other really nice people. All in all, it was a fabulous night.
Sunday. Happy daylight savings time.
Ok, I know DST is nothing to celebrate. But it is something to remember. While they don’t change their clocks in China, it is something that I have to try to remember. Instead of everyone back home being 12 hours behind they are now 13 hours. My Sunday was pretty un-eventful. Although, there is a growing mold problem that is occurring in our building but is the worst in my room since I’ve had so many water problems. I closed a cupboard and a big cloud of mold erupted from it. Of course I had no choice but to inhale and I noticed that I had a cough almost the next day. It got worse as the day went on and was so bad that yesterday and today I took the day off. My cough is deep from my chest and today was at it worse since my abs and my chest now hurts from all the coughing. Staying home today was a good idea I think, I should be back to normal or at least close to normal by tomorrow. This upcoming weekend I’m going to go out and buy some cleaning supplies to help get this problem under control.
There was a rumour that was told last week Thursday, that Maya heard from the principal, that next weekend we’ll be going to the hot springs. Everyone was so excited except for me. I told them all that I don’t believe any news that’s told to me a week ahead of time. I told them not to get their hopes up and that it was best that they waited until the day before our supposed leaving time before they got excited. By Saturday, Klaver told me that the hot springs wasn’t going to happen and that they would be taking us out for crab instead. What a consolation prize, I know. But I tried to tell them, Chinese people don’t operate like that. They very rarely give us notice of anything so far in advanced. Anyway, I look forward to this week coming to an end. With me not being at 100% I know it’ll just drag by and I don’t know if I’ll be fit enough to go out this weekend. I haven’t had a cigarette in 2 days and I tried to have one today but it didn’t go over well. My lungs aren’t ready but my body still wants the nicotine. Klaver keeps asking me if I want to go to a doctor but I’d rather die than go to a Chinese doctor. Heck, they might end up killing me in trying to cure me anyway. I’ll suffer through and see what I can do about fixing the problem myself. What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger, right?

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home