Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The devil is gone

There was this kid in one of my grade one classes. I called him 'the devil' because he was just that. He was an evil child and I was powerless to stop him. So I've been home the past couple of days and today got back in. I was handing out the results from the test my kids did last week and when I got to his, to my surprise, Kelly told me that he was in another school. I was so happy I was almost in tears. I actually took a moment to stop and savour the fact that I no longer had to deal with this kid. don't get me wrong, I generally love my students but for the most part I hate kids. I hate being around them. I hate the annoying things that they do, the noises that they make, everything and this kid wasn't doing much to put a positive spin on his generation. I know you're probably thinking "Litisha, if you hate kids so much, why are you teaching at a primary school and why are you thinking about getting into teaching?" Both valid questions that would take me too long to answer. But I'll tell you this. I adore the fact that my kids adore me and watching them grow and learn is amazing.
In other news, during the sports day on Thursday, the school basically volun-told me for an interview with a local morning paper. i answered a few questions. They asked if I was supportive of students speaking english in english class and I agreed that it was best. Then a few more questions I don't really remember. Then they asked me if I had a funny or interesting stories about my fellow foreign teachers. I thought about it. Then it occurred to me that that question was really ambiguous and the only funny stories I could think of started with "well we were all drunk one night...." I politely told them that I couldn't remember any but we did try our best to have fun. Kelly told me today that the interview was in yesterday's morning paper and one of my kids' parents' saw it and the kid brought it in. I didn't get a chance to see it but even if I did, it really wouldn't matter. It would all be in chinese.
Anyway, I dodged the bullet today. No awful show lessons and I got Colin to cover my kindergarten class this afternoon. I was able to come home early and will now go in for some much needed rest. I feel better than I have in the past 2 days but I still feel pretty wiped, as well as my chest and abs still hurt and my lungs still feel messed up. It's a long road to recovery it looks like for me.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home