Wednesday, October 25, 2006

This and that

Well after a lot of ‘maybe this’ and ‘maybe that’ it was finally revealed to us that there will be a sports day today and tomorrow. Which is cool because we need a couple days away from the classroom. We all agree that almost all the time we are just so tired. I got Matty stix’s opinion on the matter since his would be the most important to me out of everybody and he’s really the only one other than myself that can compare last year to this year. We both agree that we’re working a lot harder this year and it is taking its toll. Plus with our Wednesday afternoons that are supposed to be free, but they are forcing us to go to these show lessons, well we agree that this is a waste of our time for so many reasons. The time could be better spent marking tests or preparing for another lesson or even going out to run some errands. Heck when the weekend comes, yes we party but we usually spend the rest of the time sleeping as well because we’re so exhausted. Not just from partying but from the entire week. So I talked to Matty stix about it and we agreed that I should talk to Mr Ye and let him know that these Wednesday meetings have got to stop. I think if I present the info to him in a reasonable manner, we should be able to get rid of this. I think this year they’re walking over us a bit more because there’s no one to really complain. Last year, Matt from upstairs would bring things to their attention and Nick could do it as well and do it in Chinese. This year, not so much. So, in us not really saying much we’ve given them an inch and they have decided to take a mile. Well it stops here. Mr Ye will know that this Wednesday afternoon meeting thing has got to stop and I’ll be laying out all the reasons why. Two lesson plans, four classes, 180 books to mark, 180 tests to mark, two tests to write plus teaching aids to prepare. Take all of that and add the fact that I can’t take my books home to mark (which I shouldn’t do anyway) I have to wake up early to catch the bus and go to bed early enough to get a good night sleep. Just the travelling back and forth becomes tiring in the traffic. Plus me and a small group of us have the added benefit of teaching kindergarten on the side. Yeah, it’s becoming much. So the request will be to give us our Wednesday afternoons back to do with as we please. Heck, there is nothing in my contract that obligates me to go to these meetings but there is an obligation for the classes I must teach.
That’s how it goes so far. Keeping you posted.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home