Sunday, October 01, 2006

Big list

Ok, so I had a huge shopping list of things to pick up at Carrefour. I mean it was insane. Everytime I remembered something I would add it to the list. The list was huge by the time I was done. Anyway, Eileen came over to my room yesterday afternoon and we left the house just before 3pm. We hopped on a bus, got to our first stop. Got out and decided to get something to eat. Then continued on to our next bus. We finally got to Carrefour and were pretty exhausted as it was, but we had come that far so there was no turning back now. Then we get into Carrefour and the place is packed. I mean absolutely busy to the teeth. So much so that at the area where you pick up your cart, there are usually many carts there waiting for you to choose them. This time there were nine lonely little carts standing there like they were the last to be picked for kickball. Anyway, we get into the store and there are people everywhere and I'm practically just pulling things off the shelf. Anyway, things were pretty crazy and we ended up being in there for 2 hours. My cart was filled to the top and people kept looking at me like "what the heck is this foreigner doing. Is she buying the whole store?" When it was time to check out, we were in line for a long time. We wanted to turn back but we had come that far, so there was no turning back now. I finally got to the register, I looked at the cashier and apologized. I don't think she had ever seen a cart so big. I had estimated that I would spend about Y600. My bill came up to Y916.10 I was shocked. I was happy though that I got everything I needed and I won't have to be doing any real kind of shopping for a very long time. We had a hard time getting a cab and we wanted to give up but we had come that far, so there was no turning back. Anyway, finally someone stopped and was even kind enough to help us load the bags in the trunk. He got us home with little to no problems and he even helped us take the bags out. We had to make a few trips to get the bags upstairs but we made it and I was exhausted. I still had to unpack everything and that took me some time but I finally got it done. I was able to, for the first time, cook in my kitchen and have something to eat. After I ate, my bed was calling. It was a wacky, exhausting, crazy busy day.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home