Friday, September 29, 2006

A new club

Ok, Klaver and Colin are starting a new club. It's the "Litisha isn't leaving club".
Now when I made my decision to come back to China, there were alot of factors that were taken into consideration. And when I decided to only stay for 6 months, there were once again more factors that accounted for that decision. I would say mostly that I thought that I was coming back based on the same conditions in which I left. I figured that anything would be better than the sisters but ultimately I had no clue what I was getting involved with. I was expecting to come back into a situation that was an eight or maybe even a nine. These people and everything else makes it a fifteen. Not a day goes by that Klaver doesn't say to me "You're leaving. I had no idea" or "No, no, no, you're not going anywhere. I'm not letting you leave" They constantly guilt trip me into staying. Even Lisa joins in and then adds the fact that Colin is really going to miss me. Then Matty stix says that I don't necessarily have to extend my contract but I could just stay and make coffee for them all day. Well as I've told them all, maybe if I wanted to stay I could think about it but the other side of things, is that the school may not even want me to stay. They could already have someone lined up to take my place. This is unlikely because they don't usually do things to much ahead of time but it is a possibility. Heck, look at the circumstances under which I was asked back. They were desperate. They asked all the other teachers 2 months before the end of the semester and then came to me 2 weeks before. I just don't know what to do or think anymore. Everyone insists that I can do my applications for university over the internet, which I know is possible. And especially with the fact that I'm going into education, once I explain to them that I'm currently in China teaching and I have to do my applications on line, this may look good in my favour. But on the other hand I feel that I'd like to be more hands on with this type of thing. Then Colin suggested that with me staying the extra time I could make more money. Which is true but I've made semi commitments to people at home that I would be able to fulfill provided I'm back in February. So that's my messed up story. I don't really know what I want to do yet. Before I came back to China, I was positive I was leaving but now I feel like everything has changed. Does anyone have any thoughts? advice? words of wisdom? Should I let Klaver "bully" me into staying even though there is a small part of me that agrees with him or should I follow through on my original plans of leaving?

HELP!!!

TTFN

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should follow your heart and your first instincts. Don’t listen to what everyone around you wants, or how they feel, is just you and what is right for you.

And if that doesn’t work, right a list of Pros and con’s to staying and leaving and weigh your options.
love you loads mandee

6:36 p.m.  
Blogger Tish said...

Thanks Mandee. That makes sense. and thanks for being the only one to give me some kind of advice. Everyone here is biased and noone at home (except for you) has said anything.

8:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tish, I did the application thing from abroad and it can be done. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be filled out and mailed in, but it is certainly doable. I'd say if you are serious about going to school, get your applications done and that way you can still stay there and won't actually have to be back until next fall as a majority of the schools don't have a january start. Just keep in mind that the applications for teachers college have to be in by December 1st. If you need any help, just let me know sunshine! Good luck! ~Cheri~

12:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home