Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nothing

Ok, yesterday we decided to go out, but before I get into that, here is the situation as it stands. Colin, Lisa, Matty stix and Maya have all gone to Shanghai. They left half way through the day yesterday. Then all our classes were cancelled in the afternoon which brought me to the point of "why didn't we just go with the Wednesday schedule today?" but whatever. Anyway, I knew that I was going to be going out and I was willing to take anyone who wanted to join me. Lillis and Eileen were up for it and the boys said that they were thinking of going to Soho but maybe they would just join us later at HBS. Anyway, we got our stuff together and me and the girls headed out. It was probably between 9:15 and 9:30 when we left the house. We got outside and found that it was really difficult to get a cab. None of the drivers would take us to Hankou. Then one driver was refusing us and there was a chinese guy near the cab too, we understood when the driver said he wouldn't go there but then he said something else and we were like "what?!" then the guy said in perfect english "There's a traffic jam" Anyway, we finally got a cab to pick us up but he was unaware of the traffic. Long story short, we spent Y50 and one hour in the cab but finally made it to CC. Very exhausted we stopped in there for a drink and then almost immedeately left and headed over to BS. Dave, the guitarist said that CC had been pretty quiet over the past few days and he had been to other places and they were pretty quiet too. He said that he hadn't been to BS so he wasn't sure what they were like. Well we got to BS at around 11:40 and usually that's when it starts to pick up. It looked like it was 9:00 if you were going by the people, or lack there of. Anyway, we ordered our meals and halfway through the bell rang for happy hour. Usually there is a collective cheer from everyone just so happy for this hour but this time it was more like a.......... actually I don't think there was any real noise when the bell rang. Anyway, our food finally came and soon after that so did the boys. Matt, Alex, Klaver and Mustafa. They also brought a friend, a girl named Christine from Germany that they met somewhere. I don't even know. Anyway, we had a pretty good time but it was strange because we were the life of the party. At one point, my song came on and I was the only one on the dance floor enjoying it. Mustafa got incredibly drunk and told me I was beautiful about a million times and according to him, it wasn't just my face, my heart was beautiful too. Imagine hearing that from a drunk english man about 50 times in 30 seconds. I apologized to Christine so many times because he was saying these slurrred words right over her as he was trying to get to me and then he would turn to her to agree wth him. Later she asked me if this was something I had to deal with often. I told her that he does get pretty drunk but not this much. Later that night, Mustafa was yelling at the TV over a soccer game. England was playing so......
Anyway, around 3:30am, we decided to call it a night. BS was very dead by this time, no one was there and we were all getting pretty tired. We told the boys we were leaving and then myself, Eilen and Lillis hopped a cab back home. I wasn't going to be babysitting any of the boys to make sure they got home or any of that shit. They said that they wanted to go to KTV and I was like "do whatever you want, I'm outta here" They hopped into a cab to who knows where. There is only one person that I would babysit and make sure they were ok, and put them to bed when they were really drunk and that person is Matty stix. Last I checked he was on his way to Shanghai. Anyway, I was in bed by 4:30. The girls and I chatted for a while before we parted ways to our rooms.
Today, I'm going to Carrefour to buy the things I so sorely need to make my place liveable and tonight I'll probably be taking some much needed rest. Today is the first day of our week of vacation. I know the boys still want me to come with them and Mustafa even offered to pay for me but I think it's probably best that I stay home. I think I have alot of thinking to do and maybe it would be best to take this week to do that.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home