Friday, June 23, 2006

tick tock, tick tock

Well time is ticking away. I finished up the last of my oral exams today, then next week the kids have their written test (which I luckily don't have to mark) and then that's it. I think I only work on Monday and Tuesday of next week so that should be cool. Today, I took some pictures of my kids, as if I don't have enough and said an informal goodbye but assured them that I would see them again in September. Next week will be busy so there won't be much time for big goodbyes.
I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous. Today is day 10 and I know the next 10 days are going to seem to fly by. The long trip I have ahead of me. My day in San Francisco. A few days in Vegas with my best friend and then before you know it I'll be in Canada. I managed not to cry when I was telling my kids that I may see little of them before I go and then I wouldn't see them again till September. I don't know if I would be as lucky with everyone else. I guess I just have to keep in the back of my mind that I will be seeing them again soon.
After school today I'll be getting ready for the usual party. I dont know if Lillis would be joining us. She might but we will have to see. This will be the last 2 weeks the whole gang would get to party together. Gary and I made a pact to keep things going when I get back in September but I think we both know it won't be the same. Now as far as this gang is concerned, there is no guarantee that I will see them again for sure. I will make every effort but there really is no guarantee. I told Barb and Richie that I would visit them in Germany or they could visit myself and Annaick in Canada. Plus I told Gary that I would be visiting him in Australia. I feel so blessed to have friends I could visit in different parts of the world. I told Annaick that the next time she goes to France I want to be with her. That way I could have fun with her and we could visit Valerie. Not to mention the at home friends that will be both easier to keep in touch with and visit. Matt in NS and Annaick in QUE. Plus Valerie, Annaick and Matt all want to come to Trinidad with me the next time I make my way over there. I should think about entering some kind of frequent flyer program or something. Anyways, as it always is, it will be the usual tonight. We should have a blast.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home