Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wheels are in motion

Well I signed my new contract today. I still have to do an official signing with the principal in both chinese and in english but things are all set. The only thing that has to happen is that Mr Ye gets my residents permit extended till January next year, I get reimbursed for my trip here and back and then that's it.
We had to pay taxes out of our last paycheck. Apparently they only tax foreigners working in China after Y4000. So I'm only charged tax on the Y300 I get after that. The whole thing came up to Y60 from September till now. Yeah, wow. I don't think I've ever paid so little tax in my life.
Well I still have this cold but I think it may be getting better. Although there are times when I feel like I can't even stand anymore. Hopefully the day off I'll have tomorrow will help me feel better. Gotta get better by Friday. We are all looking forward to our weekly tradition of fun and frivolity.
Next on my agenda for the day, I'm going to pick up my ticket. I'm so excited. It's the first big step in getting home. I remember when I was this excited about coming here and now, things are in the reverse. Well, I'm just gonna continue as I am. Just a few more weeks left. Plus I'm moving on to the last unit of the text book. There isn't much in it so I won't have any hard days of teaching. Once I complete the unit test, I'll be on easy street. Nothing but revision games until the final exam. Pretty cool huh?

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home