Saturday, June 03, 2006

Another in the can

Well, I don't remember if I mentioned this or not but I pretty much wasted my Thursday day off by doing nothing. It was a good day. Anyway, I managed to get through the day of school on Friday and got ready for the usual. Annaick and I went to CC together and then the whole gang was there. There were some new french people that Valerie met before and invited to come out with us but I think that they may be on the prudish side and we may be a bit too brash for them. Well I know I am. I don't think that they will last. Anyways, this whole going out thing is becoming a monster on it's own. Because we go to the same place every week, and so do other people, we make new friends. People that were just other people on the other end of the restaurant or bar, you now say hi to. So now even though we don't really come as a big group, we end up becoming the huge group of loud drunk foreigners having a great time.
I figured out where I've been getting my exercise from. It's actually the dance floor. I really work up a sweat out there and sometimes that DJ plays 4 or 5 good songs in a row that I have to dance to. I gotta tell ya, when I eventually get off, I'm sometimes pooped. Anyway, we had an amazing night last night. Also, there was this guy Matt (yes, another Matt) from the States that hung around and then was eventually integrated into our group. Last 2 weekends, him and I would end up chatting and last night we were really talking it up. I think we're slowly becoming friends. Also, there's the fact that he told me that things had changed for him now. Coming to Wuhan was always going to be different because now he has a friend in me. Take that as you will, it is a bit cryptic but they way I took it was that I guess he was happy to have a friend in the city and the fact that I'm a cool chick that he could talk to about anything was a bonus. Hey, I am a cool chick. Anyway, I ended up helping him out last night because he got kicked out of his usual weekend accommodations because of a really ridiculous reason I won't even bother getting into and had nowhere to sleep for the night. I told him that if he was stuck, he could crash on the frathouse couch if he wanted. He took me up on the offer and I felt good for having helped someone that I'm becoming friends with.
Anyway, my friend Jada (my only black friend here) is coming into town today, so I must see her before she goes. We have plans for dinner and then I'm going to do the CC/HBS combo but I think I might duck out of HBS early and meet her at Vox. It'll be the last time I would get to party with her. Sacrifices.
Anyways, that's the deal for now. Hopefully I'll be coherent enough to update tomorrow to tell you about how tonight went.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home