Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Graveyard shift

Ok, so Saturday was great as usual. CC was kicking and then we headed over to HBS. My friend Jada said that she would be in town and she wanted to hook up at Vox before she left in 2 weeks. So I told her that after happy hour I would leave and meet her at Vox. HBS was kicking and I really didn't want to leave but I knew I wouldn't see her again if I didn't see her that night. Anyway, I got to Vox and the place was a tomb. I got there around 2:30 am and usually at that time, the place is bumpin' and you have to practically fight for room on the dance floor. Jada said that the place had been like that since 10:30 and it's all because of this new DJ there. Anyway, we hung out there for a few hours and eventually left. I'm gonna see her though before she leaves. She'll come to Wuhan early so that we could have dinner or something and then she'll go to the airport to catch her plane. It kinda sucks because the goodbyes are starting and she was my only black friend while I was here. In any event, she lives in the States, we promised to keep in touch and I don't see why we could make arrangements to visit the others' home town at some point or another. It ain't that far away.
Anyway, when I got home at 5 am and went to bed at 5:30 am. I was dead to the world for 11 hours. I didn't wake up till 4:30 that afternoon. This is a big deal for me because I'm not one who enjoys sleeping in the day but I guess I must have been pretty tired. Now that I think about it, I really only got 5 hours sleep the night before and adrenaline kept me going Saturday night I guess. Yesterday was a bit hard but today was ok. I just have to say my kids are amazing and are getting to that stage where they are taking the vocabulary they know and starting to create their own sentences that correctly convey their thoughts. It's a beautiful thing to see.
Anyway, tomorrow I have to do a bit of grocery shopping and I made arrangements with that chick from the one class I taught to pick up my money. Plus Barbara talked to me today and invited me to go with her and Richie to Giano's for dinner tomorrow. So looks like tomorrow will be a good day.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home