Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Game time

Well my kids have been just loving the game I made for them. In fact, I showed it to Annaick and she made one for her classes too. She told me that her worst class loved it and she was able to play with them without a problem. I'll probably be playing this game for the next week and a half.
We had a meeting today to discuss the upcoming exams. Looks like they are going to be working us right till the end of our contracts. We all assumed that they would start exams next week and then we would have a couple days to mark the exams, then we would have about a week to do nothing. Instead, they are starting the exams in the last week of June. So they start on the Monday and finish on the Wednesday and then we have Thursday and Friday to mark them. That takes us right till the end of the month and the technical end of our contracts. It's a good thing I took a flight leaving on July 2nd. That gives me a couple days to make sure I have all my stuff together before I have to leave.
I started to do a bit of packing today. Just things I'm not using. They only took up about 3/4 of the suitcase. I may end up repacking and sending some of those things home in a box or something. I really have to evaluate what I want to take with me, what could stay in China and what I need to take back home so that it could just stay there.
Also, I sent an email to Mr Ye. Basically I gave him the break down on the costs I incurred to come here and the cost I've incurred for my ticket back home. I told him I want that and my last paychecks all in US cash. Also, I reminded him about my residency permit that needs to be renewed before I go. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to follow up with him about 2 more times and/or send him another email to make sure that all this shit gets done when it's supposed to. I guess other than that I'm doing pretty well. I forgot to mention that I'm finally over my cold and am breathing normally again.
Anyway, I'm on day 19. I should be seeing Jada again on Saturday and then she's off to the States, but I'm happy to know that I'm not too far behind her.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home