Monday, June 19, 2006

I licked a complete stranger on the face....... twice!

It seems the closer we get to parting ways the better our nights have been getting. On Friday night CC was great but the whole time I was there, I was praying that HBS would be just as good. Anyway, we ate, we drank and we danced at CC. There were a group of guys at the table next to us. One of which was a German guy who was celebrating his birthday that day. A huge cake came out and the whole bar sang happy birthday. He was even generous enough to share his cake with us. It wasn't half bad. A little while later, Gary looked over and noticed that the birthday boy got whip cream all over his face. When I saw that, I asked Gary if he dared me to go lick some of it off his face. I guess he didn't think I would do it because before he could finish his sentence, I was over there. I grabbed the guy by the face, said happy birthday and then licked some of the whip cream off. His whole table went crazy. Then one of his friends said that he missed the moment and wanted me to do it again so that he could take a picture. "Sure, no problem" I posed again, I licked again and I think he had a very happy birthday. I went back to my table and everyone kept telling me that I was unbelieveable.
Anyway, midnight came around and every step to HBS was praying that they wouldn't have the game on again. Luckily when I got there, I saw the lights, the people and I heard the music. Well another good time was on the way. All my regular dance floor buddies were smiling with the same look. When ever we caught eyes with one another, it said the same thing. "Thank God we can dance tonight" Some time during the night, I saw the DJ from WBS. I kinda know him and was wondering why he was there at that time, since I knew that he would normally be spinning at that time. He said that they made the arrangement that for the people that wanted to watch the game they could go to Wuchang but dancing would still be at Hankou but the game would still play in the background. I thought it was the best idea yet. Anyway we had a good time there and at one point I met up with American Matt and then next thing you know, I'm in a cab with him, Phillip, this guy Mike that used to work at our school that I absolutely cannot stand and this girl Ava from the states who is chinese. Speaks with an American accent in english and then speaks fluent chinese. Now that's cool. Anyway, we got to Vox and it was just before they were closing so not much happened there. Anyway, long story short, I ended up putting Matt up for the night again but I told him that this was the last time. I really mean it. When I see him on the weekend, I'm gonna let him know that I don't want to be friends with him anymore. He has a tendancy to manipulate people and this is not a chracteristic that I like in people and therefore don't want to be involved. He may say alot of things about me behind my back but I know so many people and they know me that there are very few people that he could go to that would side with him and his bitching. Besides, I've put him up twice already, he would have very little bad things to say about me. In any event, I don't care. This "relationship" is over.
On Saturday same thing but when midnight came, Barb and Richie said they were going to stay for a few more drinks. One of the other German guys was having a birthday and he invited them for drinks to celebrate. Because he was paying they couldn't just leave. I told them that I would go ahead to Blue Sky and meet them there later. HBS wasn't as packed as it normally is but the music was ok. Some of my dance floor buddies were there and when a good song came on I danced with them. But for the most part I was pretty much alone. After a couple hours I thought that after I finished my beer I would head out. About half way through that beer, I felt someone come up behind me, at first I thought it was Barb but to my awesome surprise it was Annaick. Appearently she was out with the frenchies and they decided to hit up Blue Sky to have a drink or two. I was renewed. She came with Valerie's boyfriend and this other french guy that I happened to meet the night before. Soon after Valerie came and she was accomponied by a friend of hers that came to visit from France. We had a great little time and Annaick and I spent alot of time chatting about everything and nothing at the same time, as well as the woes the opposite sex can cause. Eventually, Barb and Richie showed up and I told them that they were lucky. If Annaick didn't show up, they would have gotten there to find me gone. Anyway, that night ended up nicely.
Sunday in the day, after we all woke up, we met at the building complex that Barb and Richie and Valerie all live at and spent the afternoon at their pool. This pool is heavenly. It is the most beautiful pool I have ever been in and I have been in many. It had a really unique shape, almost like an amoeba or something. Seperate area for kids (which I love) and another area that's about a foot deep or something for even smaller kids. We had awonderful afternoon. Laying on the deck, swimming in the pool. Me, Annaick, Valerie, Barb, Richie and Valerie's friend (Vivica I think is her name - I'm bad with names). After that we went to the restaurant and had an amazing dinner. Barb and Richie don't eat much chinese food but we told them with confidence that the restaurant, while not the fanciest place in the world, had the best food. They agreed once the took their first bites. It was a great way to end the day and the weekend.
Back at school, we start oral exams tomorrow that go till Friday, then next week, the written exams. Then soon after that I come home. Today is day 13. That's like 2 weeks. Sometimes I can't even believe it.
In other news, I don't know what has been going on lately but it's something that has just been brought to my attention. First I'd like to say, that most chinese people don't like black people. Main reason? They watch too much movies and think all we do is fight and shoot and then sing a rap song about it. I know it sounds dumb but that's just the way it is. Plus they have a thing about not getting dark too. Actually I can't really explain but they don't like dark coloured skin. The end. Anyways, lately chinese guys have been hitting on me at almost every turn. I was at mini walking street eating something and this guy sat opposite me (which is not beyond normal)and soon after he started talking to me, in really good english I might add, and soon after he was like "you're very beautiful" I had to leave. Then a few days after that, I would get "hey, why don't you come over here and sit with us?" Even on Saturday night, this girl that was sitting with a bunch of chinese guys came up to me and said that the guys would like it if I came and sat with them. Annaick had just arrived a few minutes before so I had to decline, saying that I wanted to spend time with my friend. Then still later that night, one of the guys came up to me and tried to talk to me but his english wasn't so good and I wasn't going to help him by speaking chinese. Luckily he gave up. Then on Sunday, after dinner as we were about to leave a group of chinese men were at the next table. I guess they were talking to Baba (the father and the guy who does the cooking at the restaurant) about me before so when I was getting ready to go, they were trying to get me to stay. Baba stops me and gestures over to the guys. I guess he was saying that these guys wanted me to stay. Then they started saying something and pointing to the tv. The way I figured, they wanted me to stay and watch the soccer game with them. I told them that I didn't like it (soccer) and I was going home (in chinese). Then they had the look of "Oh she speaks chinese" and I looked over and one of the guys winked at me. I knew I had to leave then. When I got outside, I asked Annaick what was going on. She said she didn't know either but all of a sudden, chinese men have been hitting on me. I just don't get it. I find it bizzare. It's beyond their nature to be so forward and appearently they are looking beyond the fact that I'm not white.
Any thoughts???
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home