Saturday, June 24, 2006

Some goodbyes had to be said

Well Friday night was awesome. Lillis came out with us and she was so surprised that she had such a great time. At the begining of the night before we even left, I told her that if she didn't want to stay late she could go home with Annaick because she was leaving early. I told her I usually stay till closing so if she wanted a late night she could stay with me. Well at CC she fit in so well and everyone just loved her. She had a great time meeting everyone as well. Then we headed over to HBS and the music was fantastic. I told Lillis that this was one of the reasons why I loved China and she had to agree that it seemed to have an upside. Anyway we were all on the dance floor for a long time. Then I hit a new level of drunk and I think I left around 4am but surprisingly Annaick and Lillis stayed. I found out later that they left a little bit after me but it was funny because Annaick wasn't going to stay and I was.
Anyway, Saturday I had a bit of a hangover but I just hung around all day and then waited for evening time to get ready again. Well Saturday night was a bit of a roller coaster but ended up really good. We went to CC and the gang was there but there was something different. Dave (the guitarist and whom we call "the band") didn't play as much songs as he normally does and no one really danced. Then all the soccer holligans came in and things got really blah. Then I found out that the soccer game is Germany against Switzerland. This world cup thing is happening in Germany so this is a big game. Normally the games start at midnight and that's when we leave for HBS but this game started at 11pm. I was really bummed. At one point I actually had my head down on the table but I resolved myself to the fact that once I got to HBS everything would be ok. My mistake. Because this was a big game they were actually playing it and there was no music. I got there and was bummed all over again. Anyway, I went outside to just get away from football for a bit but then after a while I heard music playing so I was back in. They started to play a bit at half time and then just kept it going. But they had some songs playing but nothing you could really dance to but everyone kept asking me if I felt better. I did but no one was dancing so it wasn't great. They all know I like to dance.
Anyway, the night went on and things got better and better. Friday night I told American Matt that I didn't want to talk to him anymore because I didn't like the way he manipulated me. Then last night he got really hammered and had a bad night for some reason and blammed part of it on me. Saying that this was the worst night he was having and it didn't help that I "turned" on him. I just walked away and told him that I wasn't going to have this conversation with him. I was feeling way too good to waste my time on someone who was bummed and tried to find a way to blame it on me. See again? The manipulation.
Anyway, Barb switched to water in the night and sobered up but Richie was pretty drunk the entire night. It wasTomas' last night in Wuhan. He's a German friend of ours so I said bye to him. Plus Valerie's friend Viveka was leaving as well it was her last night. She's such a great girl and we had an awesome time with her. I told Valerie that we would keep in touch. Then last night I saw a friend of mine Sherry. She's a great girl from Mississippi whom I've met a couple times before and we partied and who is also black but unfortunately she's not having a fantastic time in China. Plus she has no clue how long she'll be here for and is so envying me for the fact that I'm going home. But I told her I would be back. And well, I just had a great time. Talking. Laughing. Dancing. Drinking. Great times. I made sure to tell everyone that next weekend is my last weekend so I will be saying my goodbyes then. I told everyone that my flight was leaving on Sunday and I thought it was in the morning. If that was the case then I wasn't sure I could come out on Saturday night. They were all like "That's bullshit. You better come out on Saturday night. Fuck that, you could sleep on the plane." So I guess that decision has been made for me. And I did check my flight and it does leave at 8:25am. So the way I see it, I'll have to make sure to get my stuff in order and be fully packed and ready to go before I leave the house on Saturday night. Then when I get in on Sunday morning, I just pick up my bags, grab a cab and go to the airport. It will be crazy but I will make it happen.
So that's that. I leave a week from today. I can't believe how fast it came up. I'm gonna miss alot of things, people and places. Some of which I'll see when I come back but others I may never see again.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home