Monday, June 26, 2006

Let's try not to kill Mr Ye.

Ok, yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster. It started off well with my late start in the morning. Then I thought I would be doing the speaking part of the exam for my own students then I found out that I was actually doing it for some of the grade 3 classes. So I got to see the kids in 3A, 3B and 3C. Funny thing is that alot of them knew me from saying hi on campus. It was fun. Then I had a quiet lunch and back to work in the afternoon. Actually I should say "work". I had class E right after lunch and I just figured I didn't want to do anything so, Lily had them read the story and I sat in a chair at the front of the class trying my best not to fall asleep. Anyway, that class was finally over and then I had to go over to class D but when I got there, the math teacher wanted that period. Well who am I to prevent my kids from getting all the math they need? I mean it is an important subject. So with deep regret I gave her the class and.......... Oh! Who am I kidding? I was incredibly happy. I said buh-bye to her and the kids and now I had the rest of the afternoon off. So I'm hoping the same happens today. In any event that was the good part of my day. Here is where the roller coaster takes a down turn. I saw Mr Ye in the hall and reminded him that I needed my passport back. He says, in true chinese fashion, no problem no problem. Then he asks me if I have already purchased my ticket. I'm thinking "Um, you told me that you got that email I sent about me already purchasing my ticket and the costs that were incurred and the money that should be coming to me in US cash by the way" but I just told him yes and reminded him that it was on Sunday morning that I was leaving. Then he says that they will be going tomorrow (which is today) to take care of this and that he would try his best. Excuse me? There is no try your best. This is a it-will-get-done-or-you-will-die-by-my-hand-situation. So I'm just freaking out a little bit because he has to get my residency permit extended before I go and I need my passport in order to.......oh I don't know, leave the country? Hey Mr Ye, I know the concept of advanced notice is foreign to you but could you have atleast tried to take advantage of it? Anyway, I was talking to Matt last night (we're cool again) and he said that Mr Ye had his passport and he was expecting to get it back on Wednesday. So I might get it then or maybe by the end of the week. But the end of the week is pushing it for me. I would prefer Wednesday. This actually reminds me of when I was getting my visa to come here. I literally got it on Friday and was leaving on Monday. Anyway, I'm just gonna send Mr Ye another strongly worded friendly email to remind him of the situation and about my money.
Anyway tonight we have plans with Barbara and Richie and Valerie to go to the restaurant for dinner. So that should be a good evening. I'm going to try to go to Giano's tomorrow because I told Jane I would try to see her before she and/or I left and she is actually leaving on the 29th. Then we still have to go to Cafe Brussels because there is going to be some changes that moves it's location by the time I get back so I may not be able to find it in September. Plus I have to go to Zhongnan Lu as well as walking street in Hankou to get my last taste of the best squid chao kao, as well as go to my favourite Thai restaurant. So many things to do, so little time to do it in. Time is ticking away.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home