Thursday, June 29, 2006

Coming along

Well yesterday morning Mr Ye came to my room and collected all my receipts for my expenses. I had to remind him again that the money had to be in US cash. He once again gave me that surprised look. I made plans to go over to Barb's house to have a dip in the pool but Mr Ye told me he would be right back. What was I thinking waiting for him? He made me wait all day and then I find out that he wasn't actually going to come back. However we all got our paychecks. So that was a bit of good news but then Mr Ye says to me that he will pay me in RMB now and then tomorrow I could give him back the money and he would change it into US dollars. Ok. This makes alot of sense. Anyway, no real point in arguing. I had some money so now I knew that I could go over to Barb and Richie's place and not be concerned about how late I stay because before I wouldn't have had enough money to take a cab back home.
Anyway, Barb made a lovely dinner then her, I and Richie chatted for a while. Then Richie was tired from work and went to bed early. Barb and I ended up talking till after 3am. It was really great. Confessions and tears and laughter and the past and the present and the future. It was a great talk. Anyway I was thinking about staying but I figured it was probably best that I go home. When I got home, I couldn't sleep and stayed up watching TV. I didn't go to bed till 5:30 this morning and woke up to Mr Ye banging on my door at a quarter to twelve. He came to collect the cash I had, show me the cash he had from my ticket reimbursement and said that he was going to take it all to the bank today to have it changed and almost assured me that my passport will be with me tomorrow. So I guess I'm almost there.
Today I'm thinking about taking my last ferry ride into Hankou and going to my favourite Thai restaurant for lunch. Also probably get my last taste of squid chao kao before I go too. I was thinking of inviting Annaick and Lillis or maybe even Matty stix to go with me but I'm thinking against it. I just kinda want to be alone I guess. Don't know what's going to happen for dinner tonight but tomorrow Annaick and I made plans to go to Cafe Brussels for dinner because it would be her last time more than mine but the owner has to move locations soon and I want to know where he will be so that if he moves before I come back, I will know where to look for him. Plus he has really awesome mussels and I want to have those. I told Barb and Richie and they said that they would meet us there and then we would all go to CC and then on to HBS like always. Matt from upstairs was having a soiree at the frathouse on Friday night and I sorta hated to disappoint him but I told him that it was unlikely that I would be there. If I was, then it wasn't going to be for a very long time. Can't always get what you want.
Anyway, I'm gonna get going. Just a few days away. I'd have to say I feel scared, excited and nervous.

TTFN

PS, if anyone has seen my best friend, Tricia-Leigh, could you please tell her thatI would like an email from her asap so that I could know what she's doing. I know what I'm doing and if she checks her email, she will know too. I need to hear from her soon. I don't have a lot of time left.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

last i heard she was in the states doing a faire i think...i sent her an e-mail but she didn't answer

mandee

12:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home