Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sometimes

Well yesterday was a pretty good day. I had to get out of the house so I did some shopping. I had a hard time getting around town. The bus I would normally take to Zhongnan Lu has just disappeared off the face of the earth. I was waiting at the bus stop for a while and was thinking that the bus was taking way to long to get there. Then when I checked the sign, that number bus was no longer there. Then, there is some construction in the area and the bus stops have changed so I had no clue on where to go to get a bus that would take me where I wanted to go. So I decided to take a cab. I had to wait a while but finally a cab came. I hop in and I tell him where I want to go. I'm saying Zhongnan Lu and he's saying Zhonghan Lu and has a look of confusion. Well fuck dude! You're not going to know where I want to go when you can't even say the name of the street properly. So I just told him Wuluo Lu, which is the street that you would take to get to Zhongnan Lu. So he starts driving and he gets about 20 feet and he slows down to stop. Then he says something in chinese and I just couldn't be bothered. I told him to stop, I got out of the cab, called him a jackass and slammed the door. Fortunately I got another cab and when I told him Zhongnan Lu, I was on my way without a problem.
Anyway, I went to the book store and picked up a couple things and then I figured I would go to Hankou to DVD Mecca. The girl told me on Wednesday that the next time I came in she would have what I wanted. Well with the bus changes and the fact that I never took a bus from Zhongnan Lu to Hankou, I wasn't going to take a chance so I figured I could just take a cab. Well I was just having a bad cabbie day because I spoke to 3 or 4 cab drivers and they either didn't want to go to Hankou or if they would, they had no clue what I was talking about when I said where in Hankou I wanted to go. So the next best thing would be to take a bus that would take me to my part of town and then take the bus I knew to get me to Hankou. That started to work out well but when I got to the stop that I thought I would find the bus I needed, I found that it didn't even stop there. Now I'm screwed all over again because I still need a bus to get me over the river to Hankou and I didn't want to take the way that Matt I went the last time because that meant alot of walking.
So I thought of another bus that would get me across the river and near to the stop I knew I would get the bus I needed. Well that was ok, until I got off a stop early and had to walk quite a distance to the bus stop I needed. Well anyway I finally got there, got the bus and got to where I needed to be. However, as I was walking to DVD Mecca, I almost punched this guy. I've gotten used to the fact that people stand very close to you here, but as I was standing at an intersection waiting for a bus to pass by, this guy stood next to me. I didn't think much of it at first until he started leaning on me. So I backed up a little and he backed up. Then I took a big step back and he looked at me as though I was supposed to be there to hold him up and what the hell was I moving for. I looked at him and he mumbled something. Then he started following me. I raised my fist and told him to fuck off and I think he got the message.
On my way to DVD Mecca I got the idea to call my friend Chris. I figured since I was in town that maybe I should call him and we could hook up. It would suck if the next time I spoke to him I say "you know I was in Hankou the other day" because I know he would say "what the hell?? and you didn't call me?? BITCH!". Well he was in class when I called but, was going to be available in an hour and a half. So I got something to eat to waste some time and wait on him, then we met up.
We went to this place and had Irish coffee. Then we went to another place and he got something to eat and I had a beer. Then we went to a bar and he had many beers and so did I. Around midnight, we called it quits 'cause Chris had to work the next day and I thought it was best that I got home before I really had problems telling a cabbie where I wanted to go. Anyway I got home around 12:40 and went straight to bed.
This morning I woke up, feeling pretty good and then I got ready to go out to english corner. Today was a good day. I made some new friends and met up with my old friends that I hadn't seen since before Christmas last year. We had fun times and good laughs. Unfortunately, all my chinese friends spent all there time speaking chinese over the past couple months and now all of them are having a hard time getting back into english mode. We had a very good time though. Well atleast I did.
So I got back home this afternoon and put together my unit 8 test to be given out on Wednesday and emailed it to Lily. Monday oughta be a fun day. I have no clue what's going on but I guess I'll find out.
So really long blog of crappity crap crap but it's all here for your entertainment. As am I.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home