Sunday, February 19, 2006

Instinct goes a long way

Well yesterday I decided to go out with Annaick. I figured that in past, everytime I didn't want to go out and she forced me to go, I always ended up having a good time. Well not this time. So the group was Annaick, Christa, Melissa of course and myself. On our way out, we bumped into Matt who was coming in. At first he said he wasn't going to join us, then he changed his mind and said he was going to come, then halfway to the bus stop, he changed his mind again and bailed. Anyway we met up with Etien and then headed over to meet Gabriel and his girlfriend. There was much deliberation on the restaurant that we would go to. Finally a decision was made and it was a place not too far off. Then Matt called and said that he changed his mind again and he would come out.
Anyway we got to the restaurant and found that the kitchen was not very clean so we didn't want to stay there. So now, we've changed our minds. Matt met up with us and they (and by "they" I mean the other frenchies) decided that we would go to Giano's for dinner. Then while walking to the bus stop, they decided on some other cafe.
Anyway, we grab a couple of cabs and get to this cafe. We had been there before once but never for a meal. Well I think we figured out why. It took them forever to get most of our drink orders out. Then the food orders came out one by one. Gabriel ordered a semi good steak that came out atleast 30 mins before anyone else's things came out. Matt and I ordered pizzas and those were both disasters. My pizza first. I ordered a deluxe and the menu indicates that the pizza toppings would include all the things that you would expect to be on a deluxe pizza. But when it came to me, it was something different. There was ground beef, corn and carrots on my pizza. Then covered with cheese. It was like a shepherds pie but without the potatoes. Then the crust was sort of sweet. Almost like a pastry. Matt ordered a hawaiian and that came with cucumbers, pineapple (I think) and lychee. Matt didn't even finish it. I atleast ate the toppings on mine because that wasn't half bad but I left the crust. Maybe someone else would like it.
After all that drama, Annaick said that they were going to go to Wuchang Blue Sky. My night was over a long time ago and Matt said that he was going to go home. I was right behind him. Melissa and Christa I assume had had enough as well and they said that they would take the cab back home with us.
On the way home we were laughing at the oddities of the "meal" that we had and vowed to never go back to that place. I really should have followed my gut and just not go anywhere but because I had had good times in the past, I figured I would again, but something inside told me this was different but I went against it anyways.
Anyway this morning I spoke to Annaick and thanked her for the night. She actually ended up apologizing to me about the fact that she forced me to go out and then we ended up having such a bad night. I wanted to rub it in her face that if I had stayed home against her advice I would have avoided all that but I decided to just forget it all.
In other news I got a call from my friend Toni from Giano's this morning and he told me to come out for english corner today. Well there weren't as many people as normal but Linda was very happy to see me and Deng was laying it on thick for her. He really likes her and practically tells her at every opportunity but I think she likes being his friend and doesn't like him that way. In any event, we chatted for a while and then I bailed. I'm going to try to go next week but I may not be able to make it unless I get paid before the end of the month. If not, then I'll have to go the week after. After I get paid. So now, I'm just gonna hang out and get my stuff ready for class tomorrow. If it's not raining tomorrow, I have to do the sentence of the week. God, I hate that thing for no other reason than I have to get up earlier in the morning and especially on a Monday.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home