Friday, March 03, 2006

Hark, I hear a change coming

Well past few days were about the same. Except for the fact that the power was out for most of the day on Wednesday and all day on Thursday. After lunch on Wednesday, Matt and I went to Hankou to score some DVD's at the DVD Mecca. This always seems to be some kind of adventure for us. The bus that we normally take to go out there, the stopped has moved and we walked to where we thought the stop would be, but alas it wasn't there. So because we didn't want to walk anymore, we just took another bus that would take us into Hankou and figured we could just walk the rest to the DVD Mecca.
Well we got to Hankou fine but the walk was very long. Since I've been here I've adopted the habit of walking pretty fast. Mostly because I have to keep up with Matt and his long legs. At first I couldn't keep up, then I started to be able to keep up, then even when I was by myself I still walked pretty fast. My mom said while she was here that she felt as though she was in a car since all the shops seemed to blur by as she tried to keep up with me. However, this is nothing in comparison to when I'm walking with Matt. I gotta move my fat ass and walk double time to keep up. So needless to say, when we got to our destination, I was right tired. Anyway, we picked up a few things and then headed home. Then back out to the restaurant for dinner.
On Thursday, the power went out again and was gone all day. It didn't make things fun for us and the frathouse is so cold as it is, now that the little heat we try to live on is gone, it makes things even worse. We had hoped that the power would be back by the time school was over but, no such luck. I knew I wouldn't be able to survive staring at the walls of a cold room. I had plans to go to Carrefour on the weekend but I figured, today was as good a time as any. Besides, it would get me out of the house for a few hours and hopefully by the time I came back, the power would be back.
Anyway, Matt decided to join me, 'cause I guess he thought the same thing too and he also had some shopping to do. Carrefour was pretty ok, it wasn't very busy and I was able to stock up on some essentials. Luckily by the time we got home (exhausted and with many a heavy bag) the power was back and we could live normally again.
In other news the weather has been looking up. The past few days have been sunny and today was actually a little warm. It looks like the temperature will rise slowly but we still have a few days of rain ahead of us.
Back at the school, more changes. I was told today that all of the chinese teachers are getting a schedule change. At first I didn't think this had anything to do with me but in fact it does. After many months of getting to know each other and swinging into a comfortable groove, I'm going to be losing my Lily. I'm not sure if it's for all 3 classes or just one. Also, I'll be getting a new or some new activity co-teachers as well. I met my new co-teacher for my class D. Her name is Eva (a new teacher to the school), she seems very nice and her english seems quite good. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with her but I know I will miss Lily. We have such a great dynamic in class. I don't have to tell her anything, we know how the other thinks, we work well together. Now I have to start all over with someone new with March, April, May and June ahead of me. Well there is no real point in me complaining. What's done is done and there isn't anything I can do about it, other than make the best of the situation.
As far as this weekend goes. I'm not sure there will be much going on. I have some books to correct as well as some games and stuff to make and plan for the kids. Sunday I will be going to english corner and I have semi plans to meet up with Chris. We see each other online every once in a while and everytime we talk, the question always is "when am I going to see you?" I have unfortunately only seen him twice since being here. It's a shame since we live so close to each other. Anyway, that's about it. Not much else going on...

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home