Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Saturday, Sept 17th. night time

Well after coming home and spending a few hours chilling out, we went to our little restaurant for dinner. After we came home Damon came over with his chinese friend Sophia after we invited him to go bowling with us.
Sophia was a great girl. Her english wasn't the greatest but she tried really hard to communicate with us and our very bad chinese. I'm a firm believer in the international language of gestures. It has gotten me this far and was really helpful in speaking with Sophia. Damon helped translate when things got really rough but other than that we did pretty good.
So we get to the bowling alley and it's a fairly nice place. We had a great time though. The cast of characters included Breanna, Patrick, Annaick, ofcourse Sophia and Damon and naturally myself. Sophia really took a shining to me and kept cheering me on in chinese. We had a really good time laughing, talking, taking pics and being silly. We didn't even notice when the bowling alley was closing up.
Before we left Sophia was saying that friends of hers wanted to take us out to a bar for a few drinks.
We went to this sort of bar nightclub that was apparently owned by Sophia's friends. In chinese culture, whenever someone invites you out to eat or for drinks or whatever, they always pick up the tab. No matter what. This was convenient for us since drinks flowed like water because, like I said her friends were the owners.
One thing I love about the chinese, they drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney. And, if they know you smoke and they offer you a cigarette, you have to take it. It's one of those, they would be insulted if you didn't type of thing. So this means that I ended up smoking like a chimney. It got to the point where I had to let a cigarette burn out because I couldn't smoke anymore. It was all in good fun though.
Anyway, we had an awesome time at the bar. Sophia was very drunk and would have stayed there all night if we let her but around one o'clock we decided to split. Sophia really liked me and said that she wanted for us all to get together again. She wants me to help her with her english. She's a great gal.
Anyway, that was that fun and exciting night. Although while dancing Patrick fell and may have hurt his ankle. He needed help walking home. I told him that if it was swollen in the morning then it was sprained, if not then he my have just twisted it. Well see what happens but that's about it.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home