Sunday, September 04, 2005

A smokers' paradise

Here in Wuhan, you could just about smoke everywhere. Obviously on the street but you could walk into a store smoking, a restaurant anywhere. You could even smoke in a cab and here's the clincher. When you smoke in a cab, you could put the butt out on the floor of the cab. That for me is mind boggling but cool at the same time and yet also disturbing. Plus people spit everywhere here. Even the women, and when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere.
Today was a good day. I slept the morning away (still trying to adjust to the time change) but it doesn't help that I went to bed at 4am. When I woke up there was a knock on my door and an invitation to go out for lunch. We went to this little restaurant about a 20-30 minute walk away from the school. We had this fish soup which was really nice but once again, we were stared at by the other patrons and the staff as we ate. It was me, Breanna, Patrick and Annaik. Patrick had to meet some other people so he stayed after lunch but we left. On the way back, the three of us did some small shopping but mostly window shopped. Lots of things to see and so many things I had my eye on to purchase once I get the time and money. The street that the school is on is very very busy with many shops etc. So far I have only been down one way so I'll have to check out what's down the other side of the street.
Actually I haven't been out on my own and I'll like to do that soon, maybe even tonight to get something for dinner. Nick was telling me about a museum that's not too far away that I would love to check out as soon as possible. I love museums and art, so that will be a big treat for me, especially since it's not that far away.
Anyway, I'm going to try to get some work done today. I'm still making a list of names to give to my students. Actually in looking up the names (which are in alphabetical order) I'm now on the letter H. I was thinking of naming one of my students Hung but my perverted mind would not be able to let it go. So I will pass on that name but if I come across a kid names Hung......well, I just don't know. So I have to give Mr. Ye my plan for the semester and then every month I have to give him a plan as well. Plus I have to ensure that I keep my daily lessons written as he'll be checking those fairly regularly. His english isn't the greatest so I could write a bunch of crap in my lesson plan book and he'll just look at the size of it and think it's great. I know that's wrong to do but.... well whatever.
Anyway, not much else going on right now. Once again it was a rainy day. It was more overcast and less rain than yesterday but other than that pretty decent temperature wise. Not too hot, not too cold.
BTW, I would like to send out a special thank you to all the new people who have stumbled across my blog and thought it was interesting enough to read and keep in mind. Your comments are greatly appreciated and feel free to pass the site on to a friend. As I have said in the past I will try my best to keep you enteratined but I have realized that my life was interesting enough to put out there so..... thanks again.

Anyway, TTFN

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TypePad spam defences breached.
Threadwatch reports that trackback spammers have found a way of getting past the protection provided to users of Six Apart's paid blogging servce TypePad, with well known blogger Seth Godin being targeted.
I was just passing by and wanted to say what a super blog you have - keep up the good work. If you have time, please drop by for the latest update on jetlag

7:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home