Tuesday, September 13, 2005

technical difficulties

I don't know why but I'm having problems uploading my pics to blogger so that you can be able to see them. I'm hoping I get this sorted out soon because a few of the pics are really cool and I would like you to see them
Other than that, things are same ole same ole here. I got an email from Emily (my contact for the school prior to me coming to China) she gave me an invite for lunch this Saturday. I'll definitely be going. Apparently, Sunday is the day of the mid-autumn festival. It is a big deal here and something that is hugely celebrated. One of my friends here got a gift of moon cakes from a student in celebration of this festival. The moon cake is pretty good but it is also a very thick and rich cake. They come in small pieces but it's very difficult to finish one. I find it helpful to eat it with something to drink. Other than that, it has been very hot here and I think it affects the students ability to concentrate. They are all so restless and talkative that it can be very difficult to get through a lesson.
The lessons have been a bit frustrating. I've come to the conclusion that we are not really teaching the students english, but teaching them some english phrases and the appropriate response for each. They have no background or understanding of why. They have no clue on the difference between a noun and a verb. Anyway, that ain't my probalem. I will continue to do as I'm told. What I'm trying to say though is it's a little difficult but nothing I can't handle.
So I'm just gonna get ready to go back now. Had my lunch and going to get ready for the rest of the day. I will try my best to get the pic issue resolved. There are a few neat ones I want you guys to see.

Till then
TTFN
Girl 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home