Wednesday, September 14, 2005

stuff

Well another day another yen.
This heat here is quite mind boggling. You feel sort of hot but you sweat profusely. You sweat more than you think you are hot. I don't know if that makes sense but that's the best way for me to explain it.
Anyway, I had a test for my students today. Now to be clear, for the past 2 weeks we have been going over and over the phrases "what is your name?" and "my name is" plus I have also done the first 5 letters of the alphabet in both upper and lower case. We have done this everyday for 2 weeks. Believe it or not, there are still people in all three classes that are having problems. One of my students actually cheated off of another girl's test and wrote to the question 'what is your name?' "my name is Justine" He's a boy. On the other hand, I'm not completely surprised that he did that because he never pays attention in my class. In any event, I haven't marked those tests yet but I'm going to prepare myself for some really shody work, but I have to move on. I have no choice but to go to the next lesson.
On another note, I got my pasport back with my resident's permit attached. My passprot has never seen this much action. My permit is good till July 10th, so I have to be out of the country by then. I plan on being out before that in any event. I also have my certificate of health evaluation as well as my foreign experts certificate. I have no clue what that is for but it's something just as important.
Well today I tried my hand at cooking. I went to the market and picked up a few things, brought it home and cooked some lunch. Nothing special, just a sort of stir fry with beef, peppers, oinions, garlic, mushrooms and vermicelli noodles. It was pretty good. I spent the afternoon on my computer and then went to dinner with Annaick and Patrick to our favourite little place.
I'm beginning to get a bit more of the chinese language in me. It's sometimes confusing and a bit frustrating but once you understand the 4 tones, your are pretty much halfway there. I've learned my numbers from 1-10 and the hand signs for each number. This is helpful when you are buying things because they use the hand signals alot when they speak. Sometimes they talk so fast but because I see what hand sign they are doing I know how much they are talking about. It's also good for me when I want to tell them how much of something I want when I forget how to say the number.
I do have some good news. Some of you may know and I think I have mentioned it before but there are some sites that I'm unable to access here because of the restriction the government puts on the internet. My blog being one of those sites. Well I have found a way to get around that. Now I will be able to check out any other blogs as well as be able to check my own. Some of you may wonder why I need to check my own blog. Well the reason is so that I don't type the same thing twice. I have noticed that a few stories were repeated but I won't have that problem anymore.

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get those pics loaded and as usual, I'll keep you posted.

TTFN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tish,

I love this whole 'Tish in China' thing...sounds like you are having so much fun...makes me want to do the 'Kareen in China' thing.
Hey I think the chick you saw at LBP airport that looked like something from the past might be something for the future esp when you look at the fashion trends. You can do the emerald green knee high boots and the polka dot skirt (hope its way above your knees) and even the black top but ditch the mullet! My gosh!
Love ya Tish
Kareen

9:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you know that I was joking about the outfit..if you are going to do that outfit...please give me a heads up so that i can get out of town!
Kareen

9:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home