Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Friday, Sept 16th. night time

I apologize that there hasn't been a blog entry in such a long time. We have had problems with our internet connection here and noone at the house has been able to get online. In any event, here is what you missed so far.
Some of you may know and some of you have been able to figure out, that I'm a pretty fun and easy going individual. However, when I get a few drinks in me, I'm even more fun. It's the whole, when I'm good I'm good and when I'm bad I'm better thing. Anyway, Friday night we all went out to party. The cast of characters included, Annaick, Patrick, Roy, Angela, Breanna, Harry and his girlfriend and 2 chinese friends of Harry. We had a blast. We were dancing and drinking and having a great time. I got some awesome pictures.
The thing that made this time even better was the fact that it was completely unexpected. We were sitting at home watching Seinfeld (on dvd ofcourse) and Harry and his girlfriend stopped by. Harry was saying that he was meeting some friends for drinks and if any of us wanted to some along. We agreed and that was that. The place tt we went to, Patrick Annaick and I had been to before but we left because the music was too loud and it reminded us of a strip club. This time it wasn't too bad but I have to admit, I was dancing to bubble gum music. Only because it was a welcome change to the chinese music I've been hearing everyday. So like I said we had a blast.
Before we went to the bar though, Annaick and I went to our favourite little restaurant for dinner. We've sort of gotten into the habit of muddling our way through to order a dish or picking one at random from the menu. Annaick knows a bit of chinese so it's been ok. Friday, however, we picked a dish at random. It came to the table and looked quite good. We started to eat it and it tasted quite nice. It was this sort of fried up dish with green peppers. I love the green peppers here they are good. But it also had this meat that we were unable to figure out. At first we thought it was pork but it was too chewy to be pork. Then we were thinking that it was a seafood of some type but we still couldn't figure out what it was. Annaick then asked the lady what it was and she, ofcourse, told us the chinese name for it. We made it a point of remembering the pronunciation. We figured we could ask Harry or his girlfriend (Harry speaks chinese and his girlfriend is chinese and no, I don't know her name). Anyway, we ate away, that dish and another regular one that we usually ordered and were quite satisfied.
So we got home and gave Harry the name of the dish as it was told to us and asked him what it was called. After trying to figure out what we were saying, he was ale to tell us. Do you want to know what the dish was???
It was cow stomach. YES, I ate cow stomach. I can't believe it myself, but I ate cow stomach. I have to say it was pretty good but if someone told me it was cow stomach before I ate it I don't know if I would have. But I guess this is why I came to China. To discover a new culture and try out the foods they eat. Well that's about it for now. Next post will hopefully have pics.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home