Tuesday, September 06, 2005

yesterday

Well yesterday was a pretty interesting day. It was overcast all day but thankfully it didn't rain. The day of school was pretty good. My teacher's aid Lily was very serious about keeping the kids quiet and I would be lying if I said I didn't appreciate it. They are begining to recognize and understand the simple phrases "what is your name" and "my name is" so atleast I can begin to move on in my lessons. The students are begining to take to me. During break times when I'm on my way to class, they run up to me and practically fight to hold my hand. I like it.
Anyway, I finally got my contract fully signed by the principal. We actually all did it together with Mr Ye putting the official stamp on it. While the principal (who's name I forget) was signing my english version of the contract, I noticed that he was kinda hot looking. I don't know if he's married but he doesn't speak any english so it will never work.
Anyway, after school, me, Annaik and Patrick went out to pick up a few more supplies. I got a tea pot to brew my rose tea with and a mop for my bathroom , as well as a few other things. As far as things that are needed for the apartment, I believe I'm set. After all that shopping, we went to another little restaurant and had this amazing dish with flat noodles and asparagus. It was really good. But on the way there, we bore witness to something that was really shocking. While walking on the side walk just under a tree we heard this loud bang. When we turned around we were surprised to see that a bus ran into the very big branch of the tree. Not once but twice. The tree one the fight and left the bus with a very big dent near the top. The tree lost a little bark but it was very funny to see.
After we ate, Patrick had to go back home but Annaik and I continued window shopping and exploring the street some more. We found this really nice bag shop and I have my eye on a bag I want to get. If it is still there when I go back, it will be mine. So we pretty much walked around and stepped into a few stores every now and then. The street that the school is on is very very busy and filled with many shops. There was even a street sale going on in one of the side streets. We had a really great time.
Anyway, today is shaping up to be a better day. It's sunny out and it's Wednesday (my half day). I have to go with Mr Ye and Annaik to the police station to get a residents' permit but then the rest of the day is ours. We promised Breanna that we would go with her to Hung Ko. She had a traditional Chinese dress made and she has to go pick it up. Plus we're gonna go down to walking street which is a really big shopping area in Hung Ko. That should be fun. I'll fill you in later today.

For now, ta ta

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Double Nickel Club is a discussion group dedicated to the lifestyle issues of those 55 and older.

8:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home