Sunday, September 11, 2005

Good times

Well today started off pretty uneventful. I have to admit, I didn't want to do much. Then some time in the early afternoon, Patrick and Annaick invited me to Hankou (<--- correct spelling. I spelled it wrong before as Hong Ko). That was pretty good. You can take a bus over there but it is a very long trip. Instead we took the ferry. It's cheaper, faster and is a great little ride. The only thing about the ferry is that the bottom deck stinks of piss. Not pee but piss. Needless to say we rode on the upper deck. We went to walking street. Which, as the name suggests, is a big street where there are no cars and people only walk. There are many shops and restaurants and I even saw a Walmart superstore there. We went to a little restaurant and had this amazing dish (I forget the name) but it's like thse meat filled dumplings with a kind of soup inside. When you take a dumpling you have to bite the bottom and suck the soup out then eat the dumpling. That was really nice. We did some more walking around town and then came back home.
Annaick moved out of the frat house and I moved into her room. She lives in the newer apartments now. These apartments are just right next door, and they're pretty good. The only thing is that the stairs to go up to them are still under a bit of construction but the room itself is nice. Lucky for her, she has her own kitchen but we eat out so much (it's really cheap to) that I don't see her using it very much. Anyway, we hung out there for a bit, then went to our favourite little restaurant around the corner for dinner.
We just got back in now and I have to admit that after all of those beers, I feel pretty pooped. All in all we had a great day seeing the sights of Hankou. I'd love to go back again and now that I've seen how easy it is to get there by ferry, I will.
Tomorrow, I'll share some pics from today's adventure. For now, I'm going to bed.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it out

With compliments....

10:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home