Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm just that much closer

So yesterday I had my doctor's appointment which was basically a high speed physical. I also went to have a chest x-ray done. I have another appointment on Wednesday just to ensure that all tests come back ok and to actually get him to sign the form.
I called both CT's yesterday. First my location, where my supervisor was unavailable, so I decided to call back. Then I called the other location and told them about my plan. The manager was happy for me and suggested that I come by just to say hi or whatever. I said I would (I had more shopping to do anyways) and then I called back my store. I got my supervisor and told her the plan and naturally she didn't seem very happy.
I apologized profusely but she seemed to have an "oh fuck I'm screwed" sound in her voice. Frankly I don't blame her, 4 or 5 people quit over the past few weeks and they are really short handed.
Today I went down to the Chinese Embassy to get the visa. I was hoping I would get it the same day but I'll have to pick it up on Friday. This sorta sucks but is cool at the same time.
The Embassy was a very odd visit. I was expecting this big sort of office (almost like a bank) where there would be an area to sit and wait and then the area where you wait in line for the next available person. It's downtown and is in a very small room with 3 little wickets and it's very crowded and the line is very long.
Luckily I had no problems with the paperwork and it's a good thing I downloaded, printed and filled out the application before I got there. All I had to do was wait wait wait in line and then when I got up there, they took everything and told me to come back on Friday.
I came back home and did some more shopping and actually went to the CT at Airport and Queen to see that manager. He seemed perplexed to see me even though he told me to come by. I guess he didn't think that I would.
I think I have finished all my shopping. I was checking my list and there is nothing left to buy. All I have to do now is put some of my important documents and cards on a 2 separate discs. One to keep here in Canada and another to take with me. Once my doctor signs off on my examination I can fax that to the school. I have my ticket already and then I pick up the visa on Friday. I think I feel comfortable enough to start some packing.
I purchased a new suitcase, so I may start with that one first. I'm gonna may be start packing my shoes and my hats. Possibly some winter wear as well.
So just a few more things left on the "to do" list and I should be fine.

Surfer 2

1 Comments:

Blogger Tish said...

Many thanks for the comments guys. really appreciate it.
Thanks again

10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home