Thursday, August 18, 2005

I seriously need to be on a reality show

Everyday, every minute there is something new happening.
I went to my doctor's appointment today only to find out that someone didn't input the appointment in the computer and they had no record of me coming in. Needless to say I was very upset. It was a waste of my time to go there and it also means another day of delays.
So now I have to go in tomorrow to get the physical done and who knows how many tests and crap I'm gonna have to do. Hopefully I won't have any problems. Everyday is something new.
I was able to get a few other things done shopping wise and once again getting prepared for another fabulous weekend at renn faire.
On the other side of things, I contacted the Chinese Embassy and was able to actually speak to someone to find out exactly what I needed to do, bring etc.
Thankfully I can get the visa in one day, I just have to pay extra. So that is a small load off of my mind. I just hope I don't have any problems with my doctor and that.
Also I got my contract from the school. So that has to be read and signed and I also have to wait on an official invitation letter from the school in order to give to the embassy or they will not issue me a visa. They are very strict on what they need.
As many of you know, Canadians are regarded as the most friendly people in the world and there are very few countries that require a visa from us. In fact many of them are happy to have us come visit with our Canadian passports and (ironically enough) our American cash and they don't require a visa. Unfortunately, China is not one of these countries. Such is life I suppose.

So I have to call that guy from CT at Airport & Queen and tell him that I have to decline. I'm a bit nervous. I hope he doesn't ask too many questions.
I saw the schedule for my CT and I'm only working 3 days next week. Normally this is good but the last day is Friday. It's not a bad time of day but it just sucks that it's Friday. What I'll have to do on that day is go home after my shift and then call them a couple hours after and tell them that I gotta go.
I was going to tell them something stupid but I think the best thing to do is just stretch the truth on the fact that I'm going to China. I could say that I applied for the job like 3 or 4 months ago and hadn't heard anything and now they've called and want me to start in September.
It's sorta the truth but not.

Anyway, that's the scoop for now, I'm sure there will be more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home