Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ok that's just weird

So my mom tells me today that CT called. I'm under the assumption that someone was calling to give me a shift this week.
No no. I completely forgot that I applied for work at the CT at Airport and Queen. So it's the manager at that location that was calling me to offer me a job as a SERVICE ADVISOR at that location.
Well it is not very often that I'm speechless but I was at that time. All I could say was "I'm sorry what?" I told him that I was currently working at the one at Shoppers World as a cashier. He was like "that's it?" He had this sorta 'what's the big deal' attitude.
Still in a state of shock I was like "yeah, that's all" Then he said that he could talk to the manager at that store and basically gave me the impression that he could just transfer me over. If I wasn't going to China, it would be no big deal but because I am, I have no clue what to say to him.
Moving from cashier to service advisor is an incredible step up, especially since I have no actual service advisor experience and the only thing that helps me is the fact that I have an automotive background with Ford, so being a service advisor will be fairly easy since I already know what they do and since I already work at CT, he would only have to train me on the specifics of the service department and everything is a go (he knows this). Unfortunately, once again, I can't take this job that's being "thrown at me" since I'm gonna be leaving.
I told him that I would have to call him back and I'll probably do that tomorrow but I'm unsure how to phrase my decline. Mom says that I should just say that I hadn't heard from him and I took things in another direction and unfortunately I'd have to decline his offer. I have no clue how that's gonna work out but I know he would be disappointed. I hope he doesn't ask any follow up questions.

I should really be on a reality show.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home