Monday, August 08, 2005

I love renn - part 2

TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE RENN AND WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT:

10. The aura is very soothing.
9. Chris Kerba's butt feels awesome.
8. We have 4 pubs.
7. The shopping is fantastic!
6. Have I already mentioned Chris Kerba's butt?
5. We have cocaine corn which some of you may know as kettle corn (it's really good).
4. We have heroine with a twist. This is an amazing coffee milkshake which is to die for.
3. Many men in tights and many women with their tits to the world.
2. The hat shop. Nuff said.
1. Free trips to the motherland.

So if I haven't killed you with enough renn faire babble, why haven't you come? You gotta be there and also please remember that I'm not going to be there the last weekend. So if you are putting it off till then, you'll be in for a surprise. I know some of you want to come anyways but if you want to see me there, please remember that I'm only there for 3 more weekends.

Anyway, this weekend at renn faire, was another great one. I wish I could go into all the details but that would be a betrayal of campfire etiquette or something. All you need to know is....I love renn!
There are a few snags, which is to be expected but they are no less annoying. I'm really happy that we've decided to set up camp because, truth be told, "tent city" as we call it, is an awesome and vital part in us bonding. Tent city is like a time warp that speeds through 5-6 years of friendship to the point of where you become good friends. We are all so very close. It's almost strange that it's happened so quickly yet it feels perfectly normal. You may have no clue what I'm talking about but it makes sense to me and probably would for anyone else who's an actor. You have to have a certain level of trust in an ensemble cast (especially in these particular conditions) in order to function properly. We are very lucky to have this here and now because we didn't have it before. If it was there, it was only those members of a particular clique and it didn't spread throughout the cast.
We have said this many times but this is the first time that we have felt so comfortable with people from first year. This is our dream cast. This is one of the reasons why I love renn so much and why I know you would love it too.

Anyway, enough of that.

Had my first shift at CT today. Well not as boring as before but still pretty boring. I thought I was gonna be on cash today...... but no, I have much to learn still. The girl still had to go through millions of things with me (some of which I had done already in the elearning). I got to meet the owner of the store and saw what things look like from his perspective. I've never seen the store from an upper level and it was pretty cool. You could sort of see everything. Almost like a god.
Anyway, she shows me the till, how to use the computer, had another girl show me some stuff. She showed me the warehouse where they keep things, blah blah blah. Finally towards the end of the shift, I got to practice using the register, entering things manually and that kind of thing.
Hopefully tomorrow I will start actually doing something but for now it looks like more training. Gotta remain positive though. I'm getting paid for this time.
I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.
Till then
TTFN
I'm So Bored

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home