Thursday, December 07, 2006

Brrrr!

Well, I don't know what's been going on with the past couple weeks, but they have been dragging by. I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday and was very disappointed to find that it was only Thursday. I know it's only a day but..damn! Anyway, today was probably the coldest day so far. I wish I was wearing my long johns but I managed to get through the day. I'm really starting to have some great fun with my kids in grade two and I'm beginning to get bored to death with my kids in grade one. There are so many times when I'm thinking "learn faster, this is so boring" but I can only move as fast as the curriculum and it's not their fault. With my grade twos it's just one fun day after another. We have better conversations now and I almost died when I asked one of my kids how many stickers he had on his book and he counted in english all the way to 27. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but trust me, to have that kind of exchange onsidering he's only 7, is pretty amazing.
Anyway, Matty stix suggested that we have a little mixer at my place tomorrow. It's been a while since I hung out with him, Eileen and Lillis so I'm up for that. Don't really have much of a choice since I'm apparently hosting this event.
I saw Lily yesterday and she gave me the details of her wedding. There's a bus that'll pick us up from the school so that makes my life easy. I won't have to wory about catching a cab and trying my best to tell the cab driver where I want to go. My only problem now is, I have nothing to wear and I definitely don't have any shoes. All my shoes are either my boots, my kicks or the sandals I'd wear in the summer. Talk about mis-managed packing. Now I'll have to ty to find something to wear on my feet which will be a mission in itself since very few places even carry my size or even anything close to it. I don'tknow what I'm going to do but some how or another I'll have to make it work. I've been hearing about this wedding for a year. Lily was my co teacher and still one of my best chinese friends. Heck, her and her wedding is one of the many reasons why I decided to come back. I have to be there. I'll let you know how it goes.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home