Thursday, November 23, 2006

Work..... if you could call it that

Well today my kids had their mid-term exam. First I'd like to say that chinese people shouldn't write english exams. Especially when they themselves haven't really mastered the english language. Anyway, I decided to sleep in this morning. Which for me doesn't always work as planned. My parents used to always wake me up early, even on the weekends so now I'm not much of a "sleeping in" person. 9am is sleeping in for me. So I was up at around 7:30 but didn't really do much. Then I got ready for school and got there just in the nick of time. I did my grade one classes first and discovered that there just are some stupid kids out there. Then Matty stix, Eileen and I went out for lunch. Then after I got back to school, I did my grade two classes. I almost got into a fight with my co-teacher for grade two. This girl can speak the bare minimum of english and is fresh out of school and she has the nerve to tell me how I should read the information. I told her several times (and I've been telling her this for a while but... whatever) that I've done this before. I know what I'm doing and my students know me. After I was done with my grade two classes I was outta there. I was at the school for a total of 5 hours. Minus 2 hours for lunch and an hour of doing nothing, I "worked" for 2 hours and now I'm home. Early for a change.
Anyway, the weather here has been pretty crappy. It's been raining alot and it's starting to get noticeably cold. Sometimes I can see my breath. Lucky for me, I'll be leaving when it's in the middle of the really cold time. Some of you may be thinking though... "Tish, you live in Canada. Ain't it mad cold out there? Even more so than China?" and to answer your question "yes" but the difference is, in Canada we live in insulated rooms with insulated windows and properly installed heating units. Not concrete rooms with windows that lack insulation and heating units that don't quite do what they're supposed to do but you somehow make it work.
Meh

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home