Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Show lessons galore

Ok, so the bad news first. I still haven't made it to DVD mecca. We made all these plans to go. We had a nice trek to get out there. We were on walking street shopping and window shopping. We even stopped and had some coffee at this great coffee shop. We discovered after the fact that we no longer had the time to make it to DVD mecca. We wanted to go to the buffet (to celebrate American thanksgiving) but we had to be there around 7pm so that we could have dinner and not be kicked out after 10 minutes. We realized this at 6pm. So we left Hankou and headed back to Wuchang to go to the buffet. We got there at a decent hour and had a really nice meal. Of course the all you can drink wine was a bonus. After a few glasses we all thought it was a good idea to go out and party a bit. The only ones that followed through on this idea however were myself, Maya and Lisa. We came back home, got changed and went out to Vox. I was the dancing queen. To be honest I can't really remember what happened for a lot of the night but I came home with a free CD from some heavy metal band that was playing that night. I have no clue who they were and I'm not usualy into that kind of music but when they were playing I was their biggest fan. The affects of alcohol, as you can see, really fuck you up. Anyway, we all got back home safely and that's the most important thing. It's good when you have girlfriends that look out for each other.
Sunday. HANGOVER!! This was especially bad because, I asked Winnie to come over to the appartment to spend the day with me. You know, just to hang out. I wasn't much of a hostess but with her and I being so close, she understood and I was lucky that Klaver was around to help keep her entertained. We all hung out in my room for a while then we all hung out in his room for a while. Then I somehow ended up back in my room and it wasn't until later that night Winnie told me that she was gonna go. Lucky for me she was very forgiving. I have to make it up to her one day.
Anyway, yesterday I had my show lesson for the parents for one of my grade 1 classes. That went pretty good. I still don't know the names of a few of my kids so when some of them who never put their hands up otherwise, decided to raise their hands to answer a question, I have to be honest I was stumped. The parents seemed ok and I tried my best to keep the lesson in between what I would normally do and then a kicked up version of that. I was happy that the class didn't make me look like an ass. These students in this class aren't the brightest but we made it through. Then I had the whole morning off and decided to use the time to sleep. Then I taught my grade twos in the afternoon.
Today I had the show lesson for one of my grade two classes and that went great. It was probably the most fun I had had in that class in a long time. The parents seemed to enjoy it as well. I always have fun with that class in any event. Then, once again, after that lesson, I had the rest of the morning off and I decided once again that I should use the time to sleep. Again I went up to our rest room and slept on the couch for something like three hours. I actually felt pretty good. I'm not one for sleeping in the day but I have to admit that it was pretty refreshing. I woke up around 1pm and then went for lunch. In the afternoon I had my grade ones do some in class work and I did nothing. Tomorrow I'll be giving out tests so that'll be another day of easy. Plus it's Wednesday and I don't think we have any show lessons this week to attend. I think this entire week is shaping up quite nicely. Then I get paid on Thursday.
Anyway, my fish are still doing pretty good. They are really fiesty and are always swimming around. I'm thinking of possibly getting them a bigger bowl. Don't get me wrong, the one they are in is more than adequate for their size but they are always so busy swimming around, I think they may like the extra room. Anyway, that's it for now. I'm gonna try to go to DVD mecca this week or sometime this weekend. Also, when I get paid this month I'll be looking into buying my ticket for Thailand and possibly starting to get my money saved for getting me back home. Not much time left. I'm looking at less than 3 more months in China.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home