Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Rough stuff

Well the past few days have been hard with me making up K1 classes but it will be worth it in the end when I get paid for 10 classes as opposed to the usual 8 for this month. My K1 kids are just so cute. For the past few weeks, I didn't have a name to them. Now I've moved up in the world. They call me waigou laoshi (why-go lao-sure <--- the closest I could get phoenetically) which means foreign teacher. Soon, they'll learn my name and it'll be end of the semester. Anyway, next week I go back to my regular 2 days a week.
In other news, everything is steady at my appartment. I had a strange leak that appeared and then disappeared and the mustyness is gone. I have to keep an eye on things.
I waited almost 3 weeks for the school to reimburse me for the money I spent on the things for my kitchen. I did everything I was supposed to do, following the channels I was supposed to and nothing happened. I got fed up and emailed Mr Ye about it on Monday. I told him I needed his help and ACCORDING TO MY FUCKING CONTRACT THE SCHOOL IS SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE THIS SHIT TO ME. Don't worry, I didn't phrase it like that and I didn't use the capitals. Today, finally after a long wait, I got my money back. Mr Ye was very apologetic and explained to the people at this branch school that they obviously didn't understand the situation that the returning teachers had at the main school. He made them understand and got my money. The only sucky thing about it, is that he decides to bring the money to me in the middle of one of my classes, in front of my kids and my co-teacher. All my grade one kids were in awe that I was getting this money and then my co-teacher had a million questions as to why Mr Ye was giving me this money. I kept it vague and laughed it off but I could have killed him for doing that. What can I say, the word 'tact' just isn't in their vocab.
Anyway, we should be having a pot-luck on Friday or Saturday for American thanksgiving. I got a package from home a little while ago (and while I'm on the subject, I'd just like to say I love my mom) and I got Kraft dinner, aka the Canadian delicacy. I might make that. No fuss. No must. Also, we have plans to go out to Soho with some of the chinese teachers on Friday. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll make it. Soho is ok, but it's not my favourite place. I suppose I could just go since I haven't been since I've been back.
Today, I did the thing I never thought I would do. I went to a hair salon and actually let them do my hair. I had my hair braided for the past six weeks. I finally took the braids out (which was a til 1:30am job) and went in today. I got my hair washed, a head massage, a shoulder massage and they did a fair job of flat ironing my hair. All of this for Y12. That's just under 2 bucks Canadian. My hair looks and feels ok but obviously my hairdresser at home does a way better job. But considering the fact that they probably have never ever worked with my type of hair before, they did pretty good. I may or may not get it redone for my night out.
So that's it so far

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home