Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Interestng is the most delicate way to describe

Ok so we have a new teacher in our midst. So now we're all here. The new guy's name is Mustafa. He's from London and so far he seems cool.
Today was interesting. On Wednesdays we all have 4 classes in a row in the morning and then nothing after lunch but because they want to get the most out of us, they make us stay for some lame reason or another. Today we had to go see show lessons. These are dumb. They show us how to teach a lesson but the lesson we're watching is all nicely done and pretty much scripted the whole way. Plus they have all these amazing colour job aides as well as the use of a projector. That was a waste of 40 mins for me. In order for me to go to this show lesson, they cancelled my class at second period and then rescheduled it for 7th period. I never work 7th period.
Anyway, my co teacher for my grade 2 classes still can't speak english and Winnie and I are getting closer. I had no co teacher for grade one but managed since I only had to give a test and the head teacher was there to help keep the kids quiet. For 1E, the head teacher was really nice and I taught her some english words and her and I managed to keep a small convo with my broken chinese and her broken english. Her name is Veronica. The head teacher for 1F, didn't like me very much and when I was leaving and the kids started to chant my name, she shut them up fast. Then I have one little girl named Sally in my 1E class, that always comes to see me during recess. Well let me rephrase. My desk is near the window and this little girl comes to the window every recess to scream my name for 10 mins. It is so cute and she's a cute little girl too.
Anyway, things are going pretty well. I still have the last remains of a cold that I'm trying to get rid of. Tomorrow is Klaver's birthday so we're planning to get him a cake and a small gift. I think on Friday we'll be going out to party but plans haven't been finalized.
Anyway, not much else to tell but I'm sure I'll have details from Klaver's birthday.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home