Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HK - May 7th 2006

Well I did a bit of partying my last night in Hong Kong to say my goodbyes. Then I was enlightened by a drunk lady in a bar. I was telling her about my plans to go back to my life in Canada and get my degree in education. Then she mentioned that once I have my degree, I could explore the possibilities of teaching in HK. I never thought about it before but now I'm giving it some serious thought. So maybe a few years from now I'll have another blog. Tisha in Hong Kong. In any event. I woke up this morning, got my stuff together and said goodbye to this amazing city. I don't know if I will see it again but if I do, it will be a happy day. I got a good train, caught my flight (which was delayed unfortunately), got into Wuhan and had a nice little chat with the cab driver. He spoke no english and I only know a bit of chinese but we managed. I got back home feeling great. I really feel like I've made the best of my time here in China and it has left me with a lifetime of experiences and memories. I'm learning another language, I'm making friends from all corners of the world and I have first hand knowledge of a new culture. Having said all of that, I am still, without a doubt, counting the days till I get home and everyday I get closer makes me feel better and better. Just imagine how it will be when the countdown is really on and I'm only looking at a few days ahead of me.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that Canada is waiting with open arms to welcome you back! (Well okay I am and I know a few other people close to your heart are too!)

Can't wait to see you when you're back in B-town!

Trixie

4:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home