Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HK - May 6th 2006

Well somebody upstairs decided to do me a favour today and gave me some sunshine. Now it wasn’t a full on blue skies and sunshine kind of day but the sun made several appearances throughout the day and the weather was nice and hot. When I woke up this morning and saw the sun, I immediately smiled. My next thought was that if I could see the mountain tops on HK island, then it would be a good day to go up to Victoria Peak. Lucky thing number two, I could see the mountain tops and I was on my way to The Peak. I got some breakfast, took the ferry over and in no time I was on the tram on the way up to The Peak. This time I got the view I was dying to see the last time I was here. And what a view! Beautiful. Breathtaking. Inspiring. Awesome. You could see the entire harbour in one big shot. I took about a million pictures. Also my travel book told me about a walk that you could take around The Peak and I took advantage of that. The walk was both serene and beautiful. Also it was a nice little trip of exercise. It takes you from the south side view, all the way around to the west side view and then up to the north side where you can see the Kowloon peninsula and HK harbour. It was great. The walk takes about an hour to go around but it is so beautiful. Plus along the way there are information posts that tell you about The Peak, the harbour, some of the trees, birds and insects. It was really awesome. After I had my fill I headed back to the hotel. A little tired but very happy. Now I’m debating how to end my HK trip since this is my last night. Maybe dinner and a few drinks then off to bed to get ready for my long trip back to Wuhan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home