Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Up in the air

Well I managed to recover from my weekend. I don't know if that is something I would readily repeat. I was able to get a good night's sleep last night but I still think I have some residual effects.
In other news, I still haven't heard anything from the school. I have a strong feeling that Mr Ye was talking to Julia about me today. Julia is the head of the english department for the chinese teachers. I'm sure he was probably asking her her opinion of me etc. I feel even lower now because Matthew didn't think they would ask him and apparently they have. He didn't specify whether or not he made a decision as of yet.
I've heard from my contact after I emailed her, she said that she would look into the matter next week and let me know if there is anything she could do. Either way, I will get an answer from the school by next Friday. If not from them voluntarily, then from me demanding an answer. I can't just sit on my hands and wait for them. I have a life I have to either get back to or put on hold for another year.
Annaick and I were talking about the sisters today. If you notice they don't come up in the blog very much (or at all). They always just stick to each other and barely carry on conversations with the rest of us. It's like we don't even exist to them and as far as I'm concerned they really don't exist to me. Anyway, they have plans on doing this big trip around China for 10 days and then going back home for the summer. Now, by their own admittance, they don't like what they are doing, they think it's too hard and the fact that they don't do anything other than spend all their time locked up in a single room, they are probably not enjoying themselves here either. Which, yes, is their own fault but it is the situation they are faced with. Annaick and I truly believe that they will not return to China in September. They will justify it some way and will just not return. If that is the case then the school will be seriously fucked. Why would you go home for the summer when you have an amazing opportunity and 2 months to discover a different country and even other countries in the area?? Well, I just don't see them coming back at all.
Anyway, so I'm still hanging in the balance and with every passing day I just get more and more antsy and frustrated. I try not to think about it, but not knowing is what I think frustrates me the most.
I'll keep you posted.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home