Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh what a night!

First I'd like to say happy birthday to my friend Harry.
Now, I have been having a crappy week with this whole school business, so I haven't really been in the best of moods. Anyway, Harry was going to have a party on Thursday night to ring in his birthday. He asked me to come and I accepted. I wasn't sure what to expect and he did mention that they were going to a karoeke bar. Karoeke is different here, than we all know back home. At home you sing for the entire bar, here you rent a room and sing just in front of your friends. So now I can say that I've done the karoeke thing in China.
Anyway Harry, his wife Melanie and I first went to my favourite (and really only) Thai restaurant for dinner. We had an awesome meal. Then we headed over to the karoeke hall. The floor almost looks like that of a fancy funky hotel or something. Anyway, we get into this room and it is really nice. A big long couch, a large coffee table a big screen TV, a mini stage. All the essential requirements for a night of fun. Now, Harry has this friend Ben, who I'm not a huge fan of but because it was Harry's birthday I resolved myself to play nice. Anyway, we ended up having a really great night. Everyone was making me laugh, including Ben. We drank and we sang. Even a little Michael Jackson came out. The place was really nice and we all had a really great time. Then right at midnight we sang happy birthday to Harry and then he ended up with icing all over his face. Well it wasn't so much icing (because the Chinese don't really know very much about it) as it was coloured whipped cream. We took so many pictures.
In any event, I got home after 3am and it felt like as soon as I closed my eyes, it was time to get up for school. I barely made it through my morning but got a lucky break in the afternoon. The morning was on high speed and the afternoon classes were cancelled. I should have taken the opportunity and taken a nap or something but I hate sleeping in the day Now, I'm heading out with Annaick, Gary (whom I haven't seen in a while) and some friends to try a new restaurant for dinner. I hope I can make it through the evening. If I see the night going on late and myself slowly fading, I may just duck out early and get some well needed rest. Tomorrow I have to put up with Herman and his non stop mouth. Also I have to start negotiating what I am worth and whether or not he will be giving me an actual part time contract. I ain't gonna just fly by the seat of my pants.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home