Thursday, March 30, 2006

In other news

Well my cold got worse on Tuesday. So much so that I just stayed home. I didn't do much on Monday anyway. I told my co-teachers what to do and just stayed at home and tried to sleep, but mostly coughed. I felt a little better by Wednesday. Atleast better enough to go back to work. I don't know what it is with the colds here. Usually I get a cold and it's an inconvenience for a few days but here, it seems to just put me out. Anyway, Wednesday is my half day so it wasn't too bad. I did however make an appointment with Wendy, the girl I was supposed to do the recording with for that afternoon. She picked me up, right at 1pm and took me to the south side of Wuchang. A fairly far distance away. Atleast 45 minutes by car. It was cool that she came and got me too. She could have just told me where the place was and I could have fended for myself but I don't think I would have been able to make it and it would have costed me over Y50 in cab fare. Anyway, she got Chris (a friend of Matthew's that we met at our Christmas dinner whom we called "fanny pack" on account of the fact that he had one the size of a back pack on his waist) on her way there. We got to the recording booth and I was half expecting to be talking into a mini recorder or something but it was an actual booth with microphones and headsets. It was pretty cool. We worked for 3 and a half hours and got paid Y350. Not too bad for just reading some dialogue. I'd like it if they called me again.
Today, wasn't a bad day. I gave a test in the morning and then played games in the afternoon. Plus the weather is absolutely fantastic. It's just warm enough. Not hot. Not cold. T-shirts were fine to wear and it was nice and sunny. I think the next few days will be about the same and then it will start to warm up. In any event, I don't know what the weather is like in Canada, but I would just like to say, that it's March and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. How about you?
Anyway, my cold is still lingering a bit but I think I'll be fine in a couple days. I'm trying to get Jada to come into town this weekend so we could have some more fun together. Also, on another topic, Annaick and I have started running again. When I say running, I mean she runs and I power walk around the track. It feels good and we're both happy to be in our old routine and I'm just happy to get my butt back into shape.
Tomorrow is Friday (thank goodness) and I have a trip to DVD Mecca planned this weekend and Annaick and Matt said they would come along. I plan on partying or something on Saturday night (hopefully with Jada but if I have to, then without her) and that's about it.
Also, I did some more thinking about Herman and I don't think I want to do anymore business with him. He keeps pressuring me about working these classes and asking me to get other teachers. I told him I would talk to some people but I don't have to talk to anyone at the frathouse to know that they don't want to do it. I told him this and he still persisted. Then he tried to use the students as a scapegoat and said that they would miss me and what was he supposed to say to them if they asked about me. NO no no no no, don't do that. I thought it was in bad form and very unprofessional so I told Nick that I would be telling him to forget about me. I felt I had to tell Nick how I felt since he was the one who hooked me up with Herman to begin with. After I told him, he agreed and frankly admitted that he didn't blame me. Nick also gave me the email of another person who may be able to give me some work, so I'm gonna go that direction and see how it goes.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home