Monday, March 20, 2006

Bricks don't have eyes or a sense of direction

Well yesterday was another fun filled day at school and by fun filled I mean full of crap. First we had to go to this show lesson and it was basically watching one of the chinese teachers carry on a class. Now this would have been beneficial for me if a couple things happened. 1) She pronounced english words properly. Instead of visitor she said wisitor. 2) If the whole thing wasn't rehearsed. It was this big show. All the kids knew what they were supposed to say already and she had teaching aids that would take you forever to put together and then only use for one lesson. Plus she had an overhead projector to assist. C'MON, THIS ISN'T REAL!! Anyway, that was a big waste of time. Then off to class for me.
Lately I've been starting to get tired of the food. Especially the slop that the school provides, so I've taken to eating at the restaurant for lunch. Matty stix has been doing it almost everyday and I think I'll be joining him. So now we'll be going there for lunch and dinner. Anyway, after lunch, back to the grind.
After school I spent about an hour or so practicing my guitar and after my fingers were good and numb, Matt and I went to the restaurant for dinner. After dinner, on our way home, we got ring side seats to the fight of the year. Now there is no way to tell what set these chain of events into motion. But my guess is this guy was at a restaurant across the street, got a little drunk and then got alot testy. Him and this other guy started off fairly slowly, just raised voices and gestures. Then this woman, I'm assuming the waitress, tried to separate the two. Well she got the first guy across the street but while that was happening, the second guy went into the restaurant and grabbed a meat cleaver. Then some how the first guy, grabbed a brick from the street and started running across the street to the second guy. He was running on a mission to get this guy in the head with that brick and when he threw it. He got the second guy straight in the head. Then the second guy started slashing away with his meat cleaver missing the first guy by mere inches. Then they wrestled on the ground and this poor kid was crying for his dad. I'm assuming is one of these 2 fools on the ground. Then some other guy stepped in and pryed the meat cleaver out of the one guys hands. They both got up still fighting and then one of the guys hit the ground. And when I say hit the ground, I mean hit the ground. I can't remember if he fell or was pushed or just tried to throw a punch and missed but his head went to the sidewalk with a loud thud. Matt and I were in utter shock. We couldn't believe it. Anyway, by this time a huge crowd had formed and eventually the two guys were separated and sent on their ways. But even in watching this I said to myself that this was definitely blog worthy material.
So there you go. The witness of my first physical fight in China.
Ding! Ding! Ding! All fighters to their corners!!

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home