Monday, March 20, 2006

Yeah, I don't get that

Ok, well last week my contact Emily sent me an email about a party she was having. Supposed to introduce new teachers to China, to old teachers (like myslef) that are already in China. Just a mix and mingle type of thing. I got the email and ignored it. It was scheduled for Saturday and I really didn't want to go. Anyway, Friday evening, she called me and asked me if I was coming, I hesitated but I told I would be there. I felt bad because she sounded like she really wanted as many people there as possible and she went out of her way to call me.
Anyway, Saturday came and I had to force myself to get ready. Matthew was supposed to go but Amanda wasn't going to let him go. I was recently reminded that Matthew had Emily as a contact as well. Emily told me that if I wanted I could bring friends as well. I asked Annaick but she didn't want to go. I asked Matty stix and he said he would come. On the way there I told Matt, that he shouldn't be surprised if we left after an hour or so because I wasn't really looking forward to going to this thing.
So we get there and Emily is really happy to see me and glad that I brought a friend. Luckily there was free beer so things were starting to look up. After an hour, Matt got a call and he had to go, but by this time, the ice was already boken and I was doing fine. I met some awesome people and made contacts with people I had met before. I met this guy Graham from Canada and his friend Jada from Ohio, who is now my adopted sister. We have so many things in common. She's malato so I think that's as close as I get to having a black friend in China. Her and Graham teach at a school 3 hours outside of Wuhan but apprently, they come into town alot. So next time they're in, we'll be hooking up.
Well after things were beginning to die down, everyone suggested that we go to this bar called Vox. Never heard of it before but they were all saying it was good. Heck I was half drunk by then so I was up for anything. Anyway, Jada and I head to the club and the other girls met us there and soon the whole bunch of us were there. Vox was like a real bar and the drinks were pretty good. Priced the way you would expect but good nonetheless. When I walked in at first, I was a little concerned because there was a band playing headbanger death metal but they gave way to a DJ and he started off with jungle. I was happy to hear it for about the first 30 seconds, then it got monotonus. Then my night got much much better. Another DJ came in and he started to play hip hop. And that was all that played all night long. I was in heaven.
Anyway, I met some other people, had way too much to drink and at about 2 am or so, I called it a night. But what a night!!

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home