Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jan 18th, 2006

Well today was a pretty cool day. I had a late start but it was OK. I saw that a bus near the hotel went down to the ferry pier area. So I hoped on it going in the direction I thought would take me to the pier. It turns out that while the bus starts going in that direction, it actually goes around another way and ends up at an airport. When the bus made the last stop I knew I would have to get off and get back on again going the other way. Luckily the bus driver was kind enough to not let me pay another fare ad I was lucky to see another part of HK. Anyway the bus made it's way back and I got off at the stop I was originally looking for. My China travel book told me that admission to the museum was free on Wednesdays and I['m glad that that was still true. The art museum was nice but it was crowded with school kids. It got annoying after a while. They also had a no picture policy which kinda sucked but I snuck some video.
After leaving the art museum I hopped on the next ferry over to HK island, then took a bus over to Stanley market. The market itself is like any other but nothing is any cheaper. All the prices are just as they are anywhere else. Anyway, my travel book told me about this good Thai restaurant ao I headed out that way. It's located at this place called the Murray House. It's apparently been there since the 1860's and is the oldest european style house in HK.
The restaurant was very nice and the food was excellent. After that it started to get dark so I hopped back on the bus, back to the ferry and headed back to the hotel. Basically I've done everything I set out to so in HK. Tomorrow I'll probably lay around and for my last night I'll go back out to see the symphony of lights again. I was told that the best view is the one from the Avenue of stars. I think I'll take it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home