Sunday, January 15, 2006

I almost walked myself into the ground

Yesterday Matty stix told me that he wanted to go to this Brazilian BBQ place that's supposed to be really good. He said that the place was a little bit before Blue Sky, so if we hit it we'll just get out of the cab and walk back. Anyway, I called Chris to come out with us but he couldn't make it. Then I called Damon and he was running a little late. Matty stix and I were both hungry so we decided to go and figured that we would just meet Damon there.
So we get a cab, we're trying to see if we could spot the place on the way over but we didn't. Then we get to Blue Sky so Matty stix says "Ok, let's get out here and walk back a bit, we should come up to it" So we're walking and walking and walking. Then he says "Oh it should just be up here. It's not that far up" We're walking and walking and walking and walking. Then I look around and I notice that we're now at Zhongnan Lu. Now I know the street between Zhongnan Lu and the house very well, since I've traveled on it several times. I know there is no Brazilian BBQ place on this part of the street or I would have seen it. Matty stix kept saying, just a little further and I kept thinking "you're a jackass, we're almost home now"
Then we get up to this part of the side walk that had construction on it and there was this mound of dirt. Well at first, it looked like everyday dirt that was just wet. Alas, it was not. It was mud and we both stepped into it and both got our shoes covered in it. At that point I started to get pissed and Matty stix was starting to compare me to Breanna. No, no, no. I don't think so. First of all Bre would have been pissed 10 steps after getting out the cab once Matt said that he didn't see the place right away. I was now pissed because I paid Y10 for a cab ride just to walk back home and get my shoes covered in mud.
So Matty stix stopped off at a KFC and I was still craving meat so I went to this place for chao kao. Then we met each other at home, told Damon to meet us there, then the three of us got drunk playing a drinking game.
So I guess everything worked out in a way. Right now I'm going to get my things together for my trip to Hong Kong tomorrow. I will have to keep a log of everything that happens so that I can accurately re-tell my story here.
So bye bye for now and I'll update again when I get back on the Jan 20th.

Peace. Love. Soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home