Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jan 17th, 2006

Ok, so I decided against the art museum today because my travel guide said that admission was free on Wednesdays. So I decided to go up to Victoria peak. What an awesome trip that was. First things first, I actually took the city bus to get to HK harbour. With all the signs and schedules in english it makes things super easy. Heck, it even tells you the correct fare. Plus it's cheaper than a taxi and easier than walking. So I get to the ferry and the ride over to HK island is very nice. The weather wasn't fantastic but atleast it wasn't freezing. Then there is a specific bus (like a shuttle bus) from the ferry station to the tram station. It makes getting to the tram very easy. It only costs HK$30 or a return trip and you're on the next tram ride up.
The tram ride was fantastic and very steep. However, once I got up there, with the weather not being the greatest, I was surrounded by fog and couldn't see a thing. The was a nice mall at the top of the peak and I walked around for a bit. Was lucky to pick up some souvenirs as well as the shot glasses I pick up on every city I visit, but other than that, I wasn't able to do much else. If the weather is better on Thursday and provided I still have some cash (HK is very expensive) I'll go back again and this time I'll do the hike.
After I came back from Victoria peak, I went to the Avenue of stars. I found what I was looking for and a little extra. I found Jackie Chan's star as well as Bruce Lee's star (that was my something extra). I made a couple promises to myself coming out to China. What I said was that if I came out to Hong Kong, I'd have to do a couple of things 1) see the symphony of lights and 2) see Jackie Chan's star. I feel really good that I was able to accomplish these things. I had heard about this and seen it on a travel show but I never thought I would actually make it out here and be able to actually do it.
After that I came back to the hotel, watched some TV and went to bed. I hope the weather is better tomorrow, plus I want to go to the museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home