Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sometimes a dud

Well past few days have been uneventful. All of us have been counting the days till Bre leaves and I've been doing my best to just ignore her. Yesterday Chris called me and wanted to do something, so I took him to Zhongnan Lu. Just to kinda see the sites and walk around a bit. I bought a new wallet. Then I brought him back to The Restaurant and we had a nice lunch. Then I brought him back to the frathouse, introduced him to everyone that was home (Matthew, Nick, Brian and Susan and of course Bre) and then him and I chatted for a bit. He pretty much knows now how to get home from where I live and I know how to get to his place so we should be pretty much set when we want to meet up to go out or whatever.
Then later that evening, Matty stix and I went out, got something to eat and then came back home with plans to go to club Fay Fay. By the time we had a few beers we changed our minds and decided that it would be better to stay home since we were sorta half drunk already and there would be noone (and by noone I mean "bitches" as Matty stix likes to call them) at the club. So more TV watching for us and then eventually bed time.
Then this morning I woke up and made my final decision. I'm going to Hong Kong. So I did some research on the internet and found some price info. Annaick told me that the best way to go to Hong Kong (and the cheapest) is to fly to Guangzhou and then take the train to Hong Kong. This is also apparently a very popular way to go, which will make it super easy for me. Annaick also found this travel agency in Hankou, which is very easy to get to and they also speak english. So I got up, got my stuff together, found price info and headed out to Hankou to buy my tickets.
So, my flight is booked, I have my tickets and tomorrow morning I will be booking a reservation at a hostel in Hong Kong. I know I've said before that I'd rather not do the hostel thing again but hotels in Hong Kong are very expensive and the hostel is the best way for me to go.
So I leave on Monday and I'll be back on Friday and I'll keep you posted on all details. When I get back, however, I'll have to put my pics together in a slide show or something again for you to see them. I still haven't been able to get pics on the site. I have no clue why. I've tried to get the issue resolved but to no luck. The way I see it, I'll only share pics of trips I take and not the everyday pics I take around town. Those I'm saving to show you when I get home.
Well I have semi plans to go out with Toni tomorrow to an english corner at the university, he'll call me and let me know. Then I'm going to drag Susan out to help me buy the train ticket for me to get to Beijing. Beijing is where I'm gonna have some fun and meet my mom and freeze my butt off (is what I'm being told).

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home