Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy new year to you and happy birthday to me

Well another year has passed and I'm getting older but there isn't much I can do about that.
This is how the weekend played out. Annaick and I had plans to meet up with Gary and some of his friends to go out for new years. As the day went on I was less and less inclined to go out. I finally got my shit together and forced myself to get ready. Annaick and I said that we would go to the restaurant for dinner first, then we would meet Gary and go from there.
Well when Annaick came to my apartment not dressed to go out, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I knew at that moment I wasn't going. So I came out and Annaick was disappointed because she felt that it was because of her I wasn't going. I told her that it wasn't solely her. I was disinclined to go all day and if she wasn't going then what was really the point. I've had a string of bad new years eve's in my time and I wasn't going to go out there and pretend to enjoy myself. So we headed out to the restaurant. Ordered 5 different dishes which was unusual for us since we normally order 2 dishes for 2 people. It was so out of the ordinary that even the staff kept asking if we were sure we wanted all 5 dishes. So we had a mini feast, then we came back home, opened some beer and watched a movie.
Half way through the movie, Matty stix came home and joined us. He chugged back 3 beers which got him drunk in about 10 seconds flat, then opened his bubba of beer that he got for christmas with my assistance (translation I opened it for him because he was too drunk). Then about 10 mins before midnight the movie was over and we were joined by Nick and Matt. Then midnight came and we all wished each other a happy new year. We hugged and danced and laughed at Matty stix. Then one by one, Annaick left, then Matt left, then Nick left. Then Matty stix and I decided to watch a little TV. After half an hour or so, Matt was on the floor. When I walked over to check if he was alright, he said he was tired. I knew that meant bed time for him.
So I picked him up and carried him to his room and tucked him in. The next morning I retold the epic stories of what Matty stix did the night before (he never remembers) and him and I had a good laugh. Later that day which was the day of my birthday, I got birthday calls from my mom and my best friend and that really made me feel good. It took me out of the funk I was in and made me feel better about everything. So I told everyone what I wanted to do that evening and was happy when everyone said they would come with. I was just looking for a quiet dinner with a small group of friends. I decided on the Blue Sky in Wuchang since it's quieter. I invited, Matty stix, Bre, Annaick, Damon and Gary.
We had a great dinner. I had the steak. Then I had a few drinks, then a few more drinks, and then a few more. Then Gary started buying drinks for me. Then it was happy hour and I had even more drinks coming my way. Before I left Blue Sky I was very drunk.
I got home very drunk and still had a few more drinks. Anyway, Gary and Damon came back to the frathouse and hung out for a bit. We had a great time (from what I could remember). I woke up the next morning with little to no hangover but that didn't stop me from being a vegetable. We got Monday and Tuesday off from school and originally I was going to go somewhere for a couple days but I didn't want to spend the money. Then I was going to spend a couple days at a local hotel, but the weather was so crappy I just didn't see myself leaving the house. So I became a vegetable. I sat in my room and watched House and C.S.I., marked a few exams and that's about it.
Then I woke up on Tuesday and did the same thing. Then back to school today. More oral exams to do. I finished 2 of my classes but I still have one more left and I still have a huge stack of exams to mark. I'm hoping to get these done by tonight. So that's it or me. Not much else going on. If anything does happen though....................well, you know the rest.

TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home