Sunday, December 25, 2005

Awesome holiday weekend

Well, here goes.
Saturday started off not too good. I think I ate something at the restaurant on Friday night that had my stomach in knots on Saturday. Anyway, as the day wore on, I was feeling less and less like I wanted to go out. Then Annaick practically put a gun to my head and told me that I was going out for Christmas eve whether I liked it or not. So I put something nice on, a bit of make up and we were on our way. We stopped at Annaick's friend's house first, french guy named Francois who was not only very nice but uber hot. He speaks a bit of english and when he does........ that french accent is to die for. Anyway I digress. So we go up to his apartment, Annaick, Bre and I. Annaick walks in first, gives the traditional double kiss on the cheeks, I walk in give the traditional double kiss on the cheeks (which I had learned many many years ago that this was just traditional and had no sexual relevance at all) but when Bre walked in and he stepped up to kiss her, she pulled away, then attempted to go in again and pulled away again. Then turned about 25 shades of red and apologized saying that this wasn't something she was used to (well, heck neither am I but I atleast know what it is and what to do). My feeling is that she thought it was sexual and was embarrassed to do something like that.
Anyway, we left and went to Sky Bar which was a 10 minute walk away. We got there and found Roy and Angela were there already and had been there since 2 o'clock in the afternoon and had also been drinking since then. They were both very drunk. Anyway we got there around 9pm. We mingled and I nursed a drink till happy hour at 11pm. Roy sat next to me and probably told me the same thing about 45 million times over and over. Then he proceeded to ask me the same 3 questions over and over about another 50 million times. Besides that I was starting to get into a groove and was really starting to enjoy myself. Then happy hour came and I ordered my favourite drink (black russian) and ultimately had 4 of them for ordering 2. Then things really started to pick up. There usually isn't dancing at this Blue sky location but we danced. Angela fell twice but didn't care much since she was pissed drunk. Because I had paced myself with my drinking, I was good and tipsy but I wasn't drunk and luckily I wasn't sober.
I made some new friends. Some chinese guys were sitting at the table next to us and they were having a great time too. Then I went over to them and played a card game with them. Till now I have no clue on how the game is played but I kept winning. Then I left to go back to my table and makes jokes and laugh about stupid things. Then midnight came which signified the end of happy hour but something else more important
CHRISTMAS DAY!!
So we all cheers christmas. Then I went back over to my new chinese friends and played a dice game with them. This game I actually know and I was winning at the beginning but then I started to lose and then just left. My new friend Coffee wanted me to play some more but I declined. Then we dance some more, drank some more, danced some more, drank some more, danced some more, drank some more, then, paid our bills and left around 3:30 in the morning.
I went to bed and woke up around 10:30. I got myself together with not much of a hangover. Then Angela and Roy had a friend Gary that teaches in a university in Hankou who was supposed to enjoy christmas lunch with us. He's from Australia. The night before we exchanged phone numbers just to keep in touch for later and/or to hang out whenever. Anyway, Annaick was supposed to pick him up at the KFC near our house to bring him over because she knew that the condition that Roy and Angela were in they wouldn't be able to pick him up. Then he calls my cell and tells me to tell Annaick that he'll be late. I call her and tell her then she asks me if I wouldn't mind getting him since she had plans to meet here parents online at a certain time to chat with on christmas. So I told her I didn't mind since I was going to step out anyways to pick up a couple things and send some mail. So I call him and tell him I will pick him up. A little while later he tells me he took the wrong bus and has no clue where he is. Well with me not knowing where he is I have no clue how to tell him to get here. So I call Annaick and she tells me what to tell him to tell a cab driver once he gets one. He had trouble pronouncing, so I waited till he got a cab and I told the cab driver over the phone. So, everything seems to go well and I tell him that when he crosses the bridge he should call me then so that we could almost meet at the same time at the KFC. 10 minutes later or so he tells me he's at the KFC. I was going to jump in the shower but I figured I would do it after I got back home. So I walk out to the KFC and I call him wondering where he is because I don't see him (thinking he's sitting inside somewhere), then he says that he thinks he's at the wrong one and then asks me "are you in front of the KFC?" I say yes, he then says "well so am I" I'm bewildered. This man has been here for over a year and can't find his way around town. He tells me that he's at a KFC on Zhongnan Lu. Luckily I knew where that was, so I told him not to move and that I would be there shortly in a cab. Anyway, I found him and we came back home. I had, by that time, very little time to get ready but I made it. Heck I even squeezed my shower in there too.
Christmas lunch was awesome. Brian did a great job putting everything together. We took the 2 kitchen tables and lined them up, all of our chairs and set it up in the living room upstairs since theirs is bigger than ours. The food was really fantastic. After we ate, we sang kareoke. That was a real blast. We sang christmas songs and slow song and fast songs. Heck I even sang "Like a virgin" (shut up Tricia). It was really great. Considering the circumstances and the fact that this was my first christmas away from home, I had a really fantastic time. We were all happy, we were all fed and most importantly, we were all together.
Then in the evening, Annaick and I went for a short walk, just to kinda take things in and finish off the christmas day.
So as you can tell I had a very good time. This isn't to say that friends and family members were not missed, they were, but I think I had an adequate substitute.
So in closing I would like to say Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hugs and Kisses
Tish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home